“Superb Italian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rocco's
Ranked #26 of 550 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for Dinner Daily and Lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
College Station, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Rocco's is one of the better Italian places I've ever eaten at, at a very reasonable price and cost-effectiveness. I can particularly recommend their Smoked Salmon Pasta (at the time a new and experimental dish); their tomato cream sauce blends especially well with fish. For dessert their Chocolate Pot is worth a try. It might appear to be a small portion as compared to a more typical chocolate mousse, but it's much more rich without being overwhelming.

I would recommend that anyone looking for quality Italian food in Colombo give this place a visit.

1 Thank Kevin C
Rocco P, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thanks Kevin for trying out our new dish and giving your comments. Much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the food.

“Great food & Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is my favorite place for great food, excellent pizza's, value for money..etc and super friendly service. I would recommend this place to anyone!!. The quality and taste of any dish on the menu has always exceeded my expectations. Keep up the good work :-)

Rocco P, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you Asela. So happy that you enjoy our hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
“Authentic Italian Experience - YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I discovered Rocco's a year ago, and first off I would like to express how much I love their Caprese! It is simply the best - so amazing that this was the first thing I had to talk about!

Overall, the food is amazing from the Moroccan Lamb Pizza to their Chocolate Pots. Even more amazing are the Rocco's owners, these two ladies make you feel at home and are truly passionate about what they do. This makes the place even more worthwhile to visit and try out!

Top Picks - Caprese, Meat Fest Pizza, Moroccan Lamb Pizza, Beef Lasagna, Chocolate Pots, Chocolate Caramel Biscuit Pudding and well there are much more to be honest!!!

Thank you Rocco's and keep up the good work!

Rocco P, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Kishani, what can we say but thank you!! We are really glad that we have delighted you with our range. Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“'The' palce the serves my son's favourite food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Since of late Rocco's has become my savior. when my one yr and three month old goes on a hunger strike Rocco's is the answer.
I love my food and I must say this place serves the best pizza's in town. They have always been consistent in quality, service and portion size. I did visit another restraint that people have rated on tripadvisor as the best pizza place in town and came home rather disappointed that I didn't spend that time at Rocco's. My husband and I go all over the place trying out new dishes and drinks and it was indeed a pleasant surprise to come across such a cozy place with the warmest staff and owners placed a bit away from the city. its such a treat to see the beautiful smiles of the owners and the only lady in the staff is my favorite.
my favourite pizza being Bacaroni is a must try along with the mock strawberry mojito. always make sure to leave some space for the gorgeous tarts and meringues. The Chicken cordon bleu and pasta's are great as well.
one of the great benefits of dining at Rocco's is that you can take your own bottle of wine. you need to try out this place at least once.

• Visited July 2014
Rocco P, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Lahiru, thank you so much for comments. What a fantastic recommendation from your little one!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
“Awesome !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

One of the best Italian restaurants in Colombo ! Though known as a Pizza place, the menu has a large range of yummy mouth watering tasty fusion food. My favorite would be the Chicken Cordon Bleu closely followed by the Norwegian Salmon Steak. They deliver when you are too lazy to drive and you should try their Chocolate Pot and also Cherry Tart which is heavenly if you have any room left in your stomach !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Harsha F
Rocco P, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you Harsha for your review. We are so happy that you enjoy our food and look forward to serving you again soon.