Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2015

I needed a place close to Lanka Hospital. This hotel is located in a lane opposite Lanka Hospital. The room was neat and clean. It was an average sized room. The bathroom was clean too. However the room and the bathroom have a very gloomy appearance. It's like stuck in the 1980's. The furniture in the room is old. The check in was quick and efficient. However the corridor leading to the room was dark and dingy. Its a good place to crash for the night but they need to give the entire hotel a nice make over. You can expect an old car to run like new if you don't maintain it. The hotel has free wifi. The main factors that made me chose this hotel are the price and location - close to Lanka Hospital. Please keep in mind that this area isn't central Colombo.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank udalvr
Marlon E, Manager at Hotel Sansu, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your Review and we highly appreciate you for telling what actually is wrong..

The Hotel is now undergoing Renovations and we have completed 6 Super Deluxe Rooms which are upto Standards with new Amenities and Furniture.

Very Soon the Entire 24 Rooms would be Renovated and then the Hotel Would have Brand New Look.

I invite you Once Again to Experience the Difference of the New Rooms.

Reviewed May 12, 2015

We could find the building, but even the taxi driver got struggled to get there.
The personality of the staffs should have been OK...normal Sri Lankans. I could buy a bottle of water at the front, but never ask the younger staffs for it. They slightly cheated.
I am not really sure how much it was...Let's say it was actually Rs.88.00. Then they told me it was Rs.100.00!
First I asked the young staff, that's why I thought it was Rs.100.00.
But the next day, I asked the other older staff for it, then they told me the lower price. But it was the big amount, so I didn't say anything about it.

The room was clean enough, wi-fi worked well in the room.
The bathroom was too narrow. When we sat on the toilet, the wall was just in front of my eyes, and my knees were so close to the wall!!

For me, the problem was that the restaurant in the hotel didn't have beer!!
I badly wanted to have beer, so I asked the staff where I could get beer around the hotel.
Then they told me that there was a liquor shop on the next block from the hotel. So I decided to go out to get beer. But I could not find any liquor shops.
And I found some local small retaurants, but none of them had beer.
After 20 minutes, I finally found a bar which could offer me beer!!

They have the transportation service to the hotel. So I asked the service, and they asked me whether I wanted them take the highway or the local road. So I told them to take the highway and I paid the extra fee for the highway.
But the hotel staff (= the driver ) , who was the young one cheated the water price, forgot to have the highway fee. So he stopped the car at the toll booth and told me to re-pay the highway fee.
I, of course, denied it.
Then he told me again that he forgot the highway fee and didn't have any money, and the fee was not that expensive, and he wanted me to pay.
Then I denided it again. I told him to negotiate with the toll booth staff.
After some repeated argument, he finally gave up and negotiate with the staff, and we could go through the toll booth.
What I want to say with this story is "Don't trust the young staff!" The young staff at the hotel lacks a sense of responsiblity.

If you don't care about the narrow bathroom, cheating on the water price by the staff, no beer, and the young staff with low abilities, this hotel should be good for you...rooms are clean enough, the price is OK, the food at the restaurant is OK.

Room tip: Better talk with the older staff
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank FUNK-P
Marlon E, Director of Sales at Hotel Sansu, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2015

Dear Mr Funk

Thank you for your review and i am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by the Young Staff. The Young Staff lacks responsibility and the management is in the proccess of training the staff for perfection as to which they are now.

We would get the liquor licence very soon and therefore we would have the opportunity of serving Beer & ALCOHOL to the customers.

The Rooms are now under the process of renovation and the main renovations would be done to the bathrooms since they are too small.

Upon your next arrival you could see how our Hotel Has Changed.

Reviewed April 4, 2015

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel for 3 nights
It was a wonderful stay and the staff was really good and honest workers
They really are honest in the reception upon payment i had given €50 extra first but didnt notice it at all but the young reception guy marlon was really honest to remind me that i did give him befor.

the hotel needs alot of upgrading especially the rooms. the acs are dam old and rooms need a quick white wash and upgrading
the management should attend in organising some entertainment stuff because its very boring in the hotel.

i request the management to open a pub on the hotel whereas we like to chill up with some alcahol.

all in all good hotel but needs quick attention to the hotels facilities since there are much more new hotels upcoming.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank blackbou

Dear Blackbou

Thank you very much for your wonderful review which is really great for us.

Our staff is really Honest and are not compelled to cheat since the management rules upon fraud and theft is immediate.

The Hotel is now been renovated and we have completed in making SUPER DELUXE rooms with all new amenities

I invite you to come back and feel the difference of the New Hotel.

Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

Not much clean.. I found many rats' poop in the bathroom...
Food expensive and not so good.

Prices for the rooms are not bad... even if they lie on the presence of a lounge floor.. doesn't exist!

Staff are kind and honest!

We are now travelling with their van.. driver really kind and prices for van rental is under the average cost

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Andrea C

Dear Andrea

Thank You so much for your valuable review.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in the bathroom because of the rats poop whereas now the rats have been eradicated by the pest Control forever and i can 100% Assure you that again you wont see any.

Pertaining to the food we have now employed a new cook and he is 100% capable of preparing WESTERN/EASTERN/CHINESE food.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your overall stay.

Hope in Seen You Again

Reviewed February 26, 2015

Hotel Sansu provides comfortable, airy and well-lit rooms with clean washrooms. The food in their resaurant is delicious! Prawns curry and rice is a must try as is the Kottu!
Warm, friendly and helpful people in the hotel provide prompt service.
Nothing lavish but if you are looking for a basic comfortable stay within a modest budget, this is the place for you!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank asawari_86

Dear Asawari,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and this review helps us alot in showing the customers that we are now really under a New Management.

We are so delighted that you have enjoyed your stay on our hotel and felt the best experience.

I invite you back again to come and stay with us whenever you arrive to Srilanka.

Marlon Evarts