“Good budget Hotel”
Review of Hotel Sansu

Hotel Sansu
Ranked #48 of 55 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Don't expect a classy hotel, I come for the 2nd time in hotel Sansu, and it's perfect for a short stay in colombo. Cheap hotel and clean. The next day if you have a train this hotel is well situated from Fort railaway station, few minutes drive in tuk tuk.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MilouToug
upul1970, Owner at Hotel Sansu, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Milou Toung,

Thank you so much for this review, we highly appreciate your review.

You could come again & We invite you back to experience Hotel Sansu under the New Management.

We have renovated all the rooms and have new staff to serve the guests who are well qualified.

We hope you would come back to stay with us!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I made a one day transit stay at Colombo when returning from Maldives to India. Being just a quick day trip, I choose a low cost hotel that looked good in pictures and cost just $32 a night.
Big mistake!
- the hotel is in a corner of Colombo. Reaching the hotel took me an hour from the airport at 1am and another 30$. Worse - return in evening peak hour traffic actually took me 2.5 hours!
- I was planning to sight see around the city. but got severely constrained due to the distance and lack of easy availability of transport!
- the wifi in the hotel works only in the lobby, which gets overpacked with just 3 people!
- when I reached the hotel at 2am, there was no food available. And with it located so out of the city, going out for food is impossible!
- The hotel claims to be no-smoking. but my room smelt of cigarette smoke. I asked for an alternative room, but there was none available and all the hotel receptionist could do was get a really smelly room freshener!
- the room ac did not work!
- the shower head was broken
net to net, an extremely costly choice for a cheap hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even the most budget traveller

Room Tip: stay away!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank AbhijeetK

Dear Mr. Abhjeet,

Now Hotel Sansu is undertaken by a new Management where everything is up-to date.

The distance from Airport is now Less since the new Express Way is made and it takes only 40mins from the Airport to our Hotel.

This hotel has been mainly made to help the patients who arrive at Lanka Hospitals for Treatment, that's why it is situated right Opposite Lanka Hospitals for the convenience of guests.

Pertaining to rooms since now it is under a new management, the rooms are renovated and are cleaned everyday by the housekeeping department.

Pertaining to the restaurant, now there is a well qualified Chef who is well known in preparing Western Dishes, Maldivian Dishes, Russian Dishes and Srilankan Dishes. The Restaurant is open from 6:00 AM - 3:00PM & 6:00 PM - 10.30 PM. The kitchen is closed after 10:30 pm is because after midnight usually we do not guests who order food at that time, therefor considering on that reason we are closing the kitchen at 10:30 PM.

Now the hotel is fully equipped with A/C, & WIFI on every floor, Room Service, Tours Operated by qualified tour guides etc

We invite you again if possible to come & feel the new experience of our hotel under the new Management.

Hope in seen you!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed there for one night with my family.
The rooms and bathrooms were clean.
The location is far from downtown.
I donot recommend to stay here unless strict budget restrictions.
The room was around $42 though not cheap but less than other hotels in colombo. The ACs are very old and dont work.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank IPFM

Dear Sir,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in the past.

Now Hotel SANSU is under a new Management which has qualified employees and all the rooms are renovated and whitewashed with 100% cleanliness

We would like to see you again in our Hotel and we invite you back to see the difference.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I booked this place last minute when the usual place I go to in Colombo was booked up. The room was clean enough but pretty run down - stained walls and a dripping ceiling in the bathroom. There was a really noisy air conditioning unit outside our room, which kept on going on and off throughout the night. The guy running the hotel seemed friendly enough, but it wasn't the most comfortable night's sleep and I'd only go back there if everywhere else is full.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SarahWalter

Dear Sarah Walter

Warm Greetings from Hotel Sansu

Thank you for this review & we Highly appreciate it since it was how it was in the past.

Now Hotel Sansu is undertaken by a new Management which has a new bunch of highly trained and specialized staff for service.

The rooms are renovated and white washed & kept upto standards..

We would like to see you back in our hotel if you would like in comming back.

We invite you to come back and experience the difference..

Hoping in seen You again

Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed almost two weeks at the Sansu Hotel. My wife had to seek medical care at the famous Lanka hospital, which is located across the main road just a few minutes away from the hotel. If you need to see a doctor in Colombo, the Lanka hospital is probably the best choice in town! The staff was very helpful and friendly. There are restaurants and a supermarket near by. Wi-fi is free of charge and there is a fairly good reception in some rooms on the second floor. Hot water is available all day long - you just have to tell them. They even have room service!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Inanotherplace

Dear Sir/Madam,

We highly appréciate your review about our Hotel.

Now this Hotel is under a new Management, where there is a new bunch of employees..

We would like to have you back in our hotel & share the experience with us.

Hope in seen you again

Best & Warm Regards

Reviewed March 1, 2011

location was very poor - too far from main centre for walking. No places to eat even though the reception told me of places I couldn't find them. There is no restaraunt - it is a snack bar and in a back room badly lit. Ants in bathroom.
A paper sign sellotaped on the wall says tours arranged - I asked and they said there were none - I was supposed to be there for 4 nights but left after only 2 nights - my family texted me another place and I left . No good for a woman on her own - I have travelled extensivly in Asia before. I know the price is cheap but I have stayed in cheaper places for less.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank lakeslady

Dear Lakeskady;

We highly appreciate your review which you have provided in the past as we can know how this place had been.

We are now under a new Management which has taken over HOTEL SANSU;

This hotel was taken over in year 2014 & now the experience is extremely different.
We have employed highly skilled Hotel trade employees now.

We would like to see you again in our Hotel if you wish to come back.

Hope in seen you Back.

Reviewed January 7, 2011

It was clean, with helpful personnel. Very nice and bright room! Hot water only from 05:30 am until 07:00 am.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moonface20

Dear Sir,

We Highly appreciate your review which you have given in the Past.

Now Hotel Sansu is undertaken by a new Management who are highly Qualified in hospitality & we give the GUEST the priority.

Please feel free to come back to Hotel Sansu & experience the new service provided by us.

We hope in seen you again.