“Excellent stay”

Austin Manor Colombo
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colombo
Austin Manor Colombo
Ranked #63 of 136 Colombo B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Definitely worth it! Superb interiors in a quiet neighborhood. Owner and staff are extremely nice and helpful. Stayed only one night on a stopover to the airport but would definitely go back there. Large and comfortable rooms and the hotel is enriched by unique furniture and art pieces collected all over Asia and beyond.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Panopticon264

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bay Area
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay at Austin Manor. It was the very first hotel of our trip to Sri Lanka and it was lovely. The rooms were clean and charming. Amila was a tremendous help in getting us to an ATM and bringing us complimentary tea when we arrived. He also served us a fantastic breakfast every day on the beautiful roof deck. The Sri Lankan breakfast of string hoppers and fish curry was amazing and one of the few truly spicy dishes we had on our trip. The fresh fruit was great as well. We had plenty of hot water and the air conditioning and Wi-Fi always worked without question. The room was quiet at night. The location is in a very nice area. You can walk to the National museum or Tintagel for dinner. The beach is a cheap tuk-tuk ride away. Considering that the price of Austin Manor was so much better than the hotels right at the beach, I would say it was an incredibly good value. Overall, I heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrealbe
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Austin Manor Hotel is a great place to stay in Colombo, located very centrally in a silent street. That's not a huge hotel, it is rather a guesthouse. The staff is friendly, the room was really clean and huge and the bathroom was very modern.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dorka333
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Austin Manor is a very nice, proper and peaceful hotel situated in the Cinnamon Gardens area of Colombo. There are only 4 rooms, so make sure to book a couple of months prior to your arrival in the High season. It's easy to explore Colombo as everything is just a short tuk tuk drive away. If you can handle spicy food we can recommend to order Sri Lankan breakfast - milk rice and curry, fruit platter and a nice cup of tea.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mogeltoft
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Wow! I loved Austin Manor. The photos are exactly like this place. Very nice boutique residence. No bar and no restaurant but excellent breakfast. There are lots of nice places to eat, drink and shop a short tuk tuk drive away. I think it's good to explore and I generally use Tripadvisor and Lonely Planet to guide me to the best places. The room and ensuite bathroom we stayed in was spotlessly clean, cosy, comfortable and had a good vibe. The interior design was tasteful as I had noted in the photos when booking this in the first place. Location wise this place was very central but sheltered from the hustle bustle of Colombo. Prince Charles stayed a few streets away when he attended for CHOGM so you now know that this is a posher area. I would definitely stay here again and am glad that I went with my instinct to book this as there were no real reviews to go by at the time I booked it. I have been to Colombo many times before and so have some prior knowledge of where to go for food, drinks, spa, shopping etc. This was a good base. My friend was travelling to Sri Lanka for the first time and was delighted with Austin Manor as her first stop in the country. We would both recommend this place for either business or pleasure. The staff were very attentive and the service personalised. They are able to give advice and help and recommend places if required. Finally, I paid £50 per night for a double room including breakfast for 2 and wifi. This is amazing value as the equivalent boutique room in the UK would be nearer £125 I expect.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are much the same, look carefully at the photos.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends