Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo
$51
$117
$80
3,010 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal thailong fengdegrees northexecutive floorlake viewsri lankabeira lakepool barspecial thanksexcellent hotelpool sidefront officecity hotelhigh teacoffee shoptuk tuk
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I booked this hotel from 13 to 19 June.
On the day of checking in my room key card did not work. So the person who came with bags had to ask for a key card from a cleaning staff. He promised to get the card replaced immediately, but never came back. When I phone after one hour same promises were made, but never kept.
Next day I came to the hotel around 9 pm after days work, key card did not work and I had go back to the counter and get it replaced.
We had dinner at the hotel and title was Turkish night. However, the food are not Turkish; I have been to many Turkish restaurants in all over the world and the food offered was a riff off.
The services delivered was very bad; supply of daily paper was irregular, only one tea bag was supplied. Last day bell boys took my bags to load into other guests car, luckily I was watching it and told them those were my bags.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are concerned by the feedback you have provided about your stay. We appreciate your bringing them up, as it is how we could address such encounters, be they rare occurrences. We are making a thorough investigation and will take immediate action to rectify them. The Turkish food served was prepared by Turkish chefs especially flown down from Istanbul for the promotion. We are sorry to hear that the food was not up to your expectation. We thank you for your patronage and hope you will re-visit the Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo when you next fly down to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Cinnamon Lakeside is very conveniently located in downtown Colombo but it is definitely more of a business hotel than a holiday one. The rooms are comfortable ( not exceptionally plush though ) and depending on which side your room is and what floor it is on, you can get good views of the lake or a distant view of the sea.
We had only the breakfast, which was quite OK, so we cannot really comment on the food / restaurants.
The swimming pool is quite good and the gym / spa is also more than adequate.
Staff is great, smiling and always polite and welcoming. But that is Sri Lanka for you.

Room Tip: Ask for the lakeside rooms - you will have to pay more though. Ask for the 4th or 5th floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are pleased with your review and we are glad that you had a comfortable stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. All guests enjoy the ecstatic view from the lake view rooms and they are indeed very popular. We are delighted that you enjoyed our sumptuous breakfast buffet at the Dining Room and appreciated our warm hospitality. We thank you for your patronage and we hope you will visit us again with your family.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed alongwith my partner at Cinnamon Lakeside on 14 th to 16 th June, I must tell you, this is one of the best and comfortable hotel to stay in Colombo
They are too professional in room service, restaurants, spa or even front office. This is value for money and I'll always stay here

Regards
Raghavendra

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DGR1905
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review rating us as the “Best hotel". We are pleased that you are happy with our service levels, food and the spa. Having enjoyed our hospitality, we hope you will visit us again to indulge in our facilities during your next visit to the country. Thank you for your patronage of Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We checked in here on June 14, 2013 with 2 families with kids and had booked "triple" rooms so that kids get an extra bed. Bed was not provided until 1:30 AM and it came after 6 phone calls.

Next morning when we wanted the extra bed removed so that room become spacious, again same trouble. Getting the bed back at night was even bigger struggle now (second night).

Service levels and service quality is very poor. Don't expect the level of service one gets in Indian 5 Star hotels. Plus this one is more expensive. There is no sit out area, so basically you can't enjoy the lake unless you go to the 7 degrees bar.

The 7 degrees bar, is pretty good. Music is nice!

It is meant for business travellers, who just come to to hotel sleep. Don't travel with family. You will be disappointed. Get your own drinking water. They provide very little amounts of water. 500 ml per person. Extra water is chargeable.

Room Tip: Get water from outside. They provide very limited amount of water drinking. Take a lake facing room. It has nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rd07
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We sincerely regret your disappointment over the service issues. They are being addressed already and will take immediate corrective measures to avoid recurrence. We are happy that you enjoyed the ambience and the music at the “7 Degrees North” bar and also appreciate your recommendation of our Hotel to business travelers. We hope to see you again at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, affording an opportunity for us to serve you better.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm not usually a big fan of "5-star" hotels anywhere and, sadly, this visit proved my point. Yesterday, I visited the hotel for a business meeting in the lobby. When my guest arrived I ordered a simple tomato sandwich on cipatta bread. No lettuce, onion, French fries, mushrooms. Just plain tomato with Balsamic vinegar. I spoke slowly and carefully because I know that not all hotel staff understand English as spoken by the English. (I've lived in Sri Lanka for 10 years now) What arrived was tuna and tomato. Sending it back, I hoped for better on the next round. Sadly, I was disappointed as the sandwich had now been cooked. At this point I gave up and we left.
When I asked to see the F & B manager there was significant reluctance to get him so I went to his office. This is unacceptable treatment of a guest - local or foreign and the inability to get a simple order delivered shows they have to do some serious staff training in communications between the front-of-house staff and the prep staff in the kitchen. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident and they will revert to their usual efficiency. I really hope so.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IanRSriLanka

Thank you for your review highlighting the service issue encountered by you. We are deeply troubled and are investigating into it. We are glad that you were able to personally bring it up immediately to the F&B Manager and also have considered this as an isolated incident, not doubting our usual efficiency level in service. Thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again at the Hotel soon.