“Bring on the Dragons!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Colombo
“Bring on the Dragons!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

From outside you see floor to ceiling glass walls with bright neon lighting drawing the visitor in. Once you walk in, it’s hard to decide whether you are entering an Arab sheik’s playhouse or a chic lounge bar in New York. Whatever you think it is to you, Glassé is a true design dichotomy with undertones of excitement at all times.

For all those Japan-philes that can’t get themselves to Japan, you must come to Glassé for the best and freshest sushi in town. While enjoying a Sake Blossom, one of their signature cocktails found exclusively at Glassé, you can also indulge in either Rambo or Dragons, either way it will leave you with an explosion of perfect flavours.

Moving onto my mains, I realised that Glassé makes the best use of local produce to create a new-age Japanese menu on par with some of the best Japanese restaurants in the world. That comes as no surprise as I found out that their head chef had worked at a branch of the renowned NOBU Restaurant.

This is hands down my favourite Japanese restaurant in Colombo. Glassé, you have made me a true sushi snob!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KarinW7

Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Probably the best - and it's not Carlsberg”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had visited Glasse on three occasions. My last visit left me speechless, and I felt that I was compelled to write this review.
The Japanese cuisine is almost, if not wholly authentic and probably the best i've had in Colombo in a while.
Glasse maintains high standards in service, cuisine and behind the bar, but incredibly at good value for money.
Their desserts are have a homemade touch to it and the cheesecake was absolutely delicious.
Their signature cocktails - also infused with Sake - were quite good.
Their rooftop bar has quite the view and the bar and lounge has great decor and interior seating.
I'd be more skeptical if it were only my first visit, but upon three trips to glasse, i've been convinced that this is probably one of the best, new additions to Colombo's nightlife - with an exciting blend of great food, affordable drinks and trending music.
Very happy overall and will be taking my guests to be entertained there this weekend.

• Visited July 2013