For the second time in two years I stayed in Galadari hotel.
Upon entering I remembered at once why I planned the year before to never return...
Lets start with the positives:
- nice location
- the food in California Grill on topfloor is exquisite. Some dishes are even finished at your table. (climate slightly chilly).
- staff goes mostly out of their way.
- they have nice rooms (8th floor, but you should ask for it).
- nice bar.
- everything (except the lobby) looks very tired...
- carpets worn
- light switches black from dirt
- creaking rotan furniture
- all in all the rooms would not be too bad for a 2star.
- if you manage - no guarantee - to get connected to the internet, it is very SLOW (lan and wlan)
- my annoyance started when upon check-in I was put in a smoking room. This question should be standard as well as sending someone up with a new room key.
All in all too many things (large and small) to justify the prices charged.
Maybe I make the same mistake again, next year... Hopefully things do improve...More