Tripadvisor

“Super Service and food”

Harbour Court, The Kingsbury
Ranked #21 of 872 Restaurants in Colombo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Harbour Court at The Kingsbury with the most expansive international buffet to be found in Sri Lanka with modern and sophisticated setting, offering a peerless, all-day dining experience. The restaurant features à la minute cuisine, freshly cooked right in front of guests in purpose built action stations. Guests can revel in gourmet theatre as the chefs toss, stir, fry, bake, cook and grill the best meats, freshest seafood and vegetables, taking them on a global expedition of some of the best cuisine around the world.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mom and I have been going to Harbour Court for a long time, celebrated many birthdays and special events there. Like the phoenix reborn from the ashes, the Kings Berry has built a magnificent restaurant after the April 21st tragedy. The new Harbour Court's buffet is one of the best you can get in Colombo. It has a wide range of food items, from various parts of the world, such as Sri Lankan, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and many more. Which live up to the name of "international buffet" and if you are a seafood lover, Harbour Court is the place to go. Also, the buffet is worth the money. The staff at Harbour Court is hospitable and kind, they're service is awesome. Also, I have to mention a word about the Harbour Court's manager Mr.Kumindra. He is an energetic young man, who is helpful, humble, very friendly and always has a smile on his face all the time. Yesterday was my mom's birthday, we went to Harbour Court for dinner and while I was there I meet Mr.Kumindra and had a small chat. I mentioned it was my mom's birthday. To our surprise, he got my mom a piece of cake with a happy birthday written. That made my mom's special day even more special. That is the main reason I wanted to write this review. I recommend the Harbour Court for anyone.

Date of visit: January 2020
CRMTheKingsbury, CRM at Harbour Court, The Kingsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ashan,

Greetings from the Kingsbury.

Thank you for choosing Harbour court for celebrating your moms birthday.

I'm glad to note that your visit was made memorable through the nice gesture of our team member, Kumindara.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Deepika Dissanayake

Write a reviewReviews (405)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food, good service from the staff along with attractive set up.
Enjoyed the dinner very much...

Dear Ashaperis

Greetings from the Kingsbury

We are overwhelmed by your review and the rating. Nice to note that you had a wonderful experience at Habour Court. Your comments are well received and we hope to serve you once again at the Kingsbury.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good atmosphere with great food.enjoyed the dinner very much. Staff are very friendly and supportive.

Dear Heshan,

Thank you for choosing the Kingsbury for your dinner outings. We are glad to note that your visits were made memorable through the good PR skills of our associates.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recommend Harbour court, Kingsbury colombo SL. Enjoyed the dinner buffet. We were walking clients and reservations were fully occupied. But the restaurant manager managed to do an immediate booking with a nice view. By thanking their excellent customer service we recommend the restaurant for a dinner

I’m vege today, I had many options to enjoy.
Ps - Add more fried vege items

Date of visit: January 2020
CRMTheKingsbury, CRM at Harbour Court, The Kingsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear THILINI and MOHAN

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Thank you for sharing this positive review with us. We are glad to hear that you had a good service encounters at habour Court , and are happy to hear your nice comments about the culinary experience.Your suggestion too is noted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What looks amazing simply isn't.

Upon entering and having a look at the various stations you immediately get the wow factor.
Beautiful presentation and many stations with live cooking.
First I had the hot and sour soup which was very bland and gooey, not good at all.

The poppadoms where stale.
The beef goulash was chewey, myself and colleagues all left this.

The roast beef joint which the chef cut was good along with the fillet mignon self serve was good.

The live bbq was terrible, I gave the chef lamb and beef skewers, the grills where not hot, he was able to put his full hand on it and it was OK, and very un higenic.
He didn't cook the meat well at all and I walked away and left it.

The cold plate ice cream was another huge disapointment.

Presentation was fantastic and it looks good, but for me, no where near as good as graze at the hilton....

Dear B8633ZCpaulh

Greetings from the Kingsbury.

Thank you for taking out time to review us.

As much as we are happy to see that you liked the hotel and the beautiful presentation of food, we equally regret that you did not exactly get the experience that defines us. We have made a note of your feedback and would be looking into it. We extend our sincere apologies for the disappointments caused.