“Lovely atmosphere”

The Barnesbury
Ranked #114 of 568 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: European, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A place for you to relax and unwind sip on a coffee out on a leafy courtyard..or enjoy a meal inside taking in the very urban-british vibe... Come and live in the moment at The Barnesbury...
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This place is highly recommended for it's tasteful outdoor seating area. Lovely place to have long conversations over a drink! They have an extensive beverage menu with some exotic (non alcoholic) drinks and coffees, and the food isn't too bad. A little bit overpriced, but not too much.

The service has picked up hugely of late, very obliging and helpful staff. The outdoor area is perfect for a small party or celebration, and they do reserve it if requested.

• Visited January 2014

“yummy lamb kottu”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

iv been to this place many times and i love it.. the outdoor and indoor setting and the exceptionally friendly staff and the yumm food.. great combination.. its a great place to be with family and also on a date with your better half... its mostly filled with guests all the time, therefore a prior reservation is recommended.. however you can walk in too..

the lamb kottu is a must have, i tried it with the cheese topping and it worked very well... the chocolate chip cookie with ice cream is my favourite desert.. hope they retain the same standards. worth the money spent.

1 Thank kauchi
“Awesome food, Awesome place”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

An awesome place to hangout with family n friends. The food is so great. I strongly recommend this place with no second choices. Keep it coming "The Barnesbury".

2 Thank Dilshan I
“Atmosphere is Good!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The place is beautiful, Outside was amazing. But when you go inside to the cafe it's dark. I don't know maybe some people may like. But personally I didn't expect that place to be so. There's a parking area.

About the food, I ordered spaghetti and some juice, and the spaghetti was awful. I hated it. It wasn't taste good at all. But the juice was really good.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is an interesting, nice restaurant. As some people have pointed out, the decor is perhaps not what you'd expect. It is rather unusual to see a classy looking place with chandeliers and big armchairs for a place that serves burgers, but perhaps that is part of its charm.

I was a little disappointed that what I (clearly, I thought) ordered was not what I was served. (I noticed because it was served with rice instead of potatoes and was apparently a completely different meal). When I asked about it, it was taken back so I had to wait again. The meal was still not quite what I expected as what was supposed to be 'potatoes' were 'french fries', which I might not otherwise have ordered. Anyway, I didn't want to send it back again.

It was a nice place and I'm pretty sure others in our group didn't have problem with their orders and enjoyed their meal.. but well, that was my experience. It tasted good in the end.
Didn't stay for dessert, though the cabinet treats looked nice.

1 Thank Sriwichic