The Kingsbury Colombo
Trip.com
OZO Colombo(Colombo)
$124
$76
Ceylon City Hotel, Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
$51
Lafala Hotel(Colombo)
$40
$34
1,917 results
All reviewssky loungeharbour courtocean restauranthigh teasri lankaport citydutch hospitalrooftop barconstruction siteconstruction workchinese restaurantluxury hotelindian oceangalle facebreakfast buffet isbeautiful hotelsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

While returning to India from Europe we decided to take a one night halt at Colombo to meet up with our friends. I wanted to stay at the Galle Hotel, since I had heard many good things about this Hotel but our Travel Agent recommended The Kingsbury. We were in for a very pleasant surprise. after having stayed at Ibis Hotel Paris, this Hotel was like a Palace! Our room overlooked the sea and was big enough to accommodate another 2 people! The Hotel earlier was known as Ceylon Continental but has been refurbished lately. Buffet breakfast is very sumptuous - having 2 categories - cold and hot. The cold breakfast is a huge continental spread whereas the hot breakfast is more for the Asian guests. Staff are extremely friendly and attend to all guest very professionally. The Hotel is a great value for money It was a pity we stayed for only one night as we did not have time to take a walk along the beach. Next time it will be a much longer stay!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 4th floor and above to get the best view of the Sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sumita0409
Kingsburylk, General Manager at The Kingsbury Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Let me begin by stating that your review of the hotel was indeed a pleasant surprise to me. I am very delighted to read your comment and wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at The Kingsbury.

I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay including the food, service and comfort of our rooms.

There's much more for you to enjoy here at The Kingsbury, thus my team and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were attending a wedding here and the hotel did a fabulous job with every detail. We normally choose a Club Level Room but felt it was too small to our liking. While a suite was not available, Sandun, Front Office Supervisor, made it his mission to find us something more spacious. He did and we were completely satisfied. This kind of customer service is what brings people back again. It also encourages us to recommend this hotel to others. Job well done!

Room Tip: Room 532 was an extra large king premier room with fabulous water views and a roomier bathroom. The bed faces the windows straight on so the only less desirable issue is the TV is on a side wall. Still a great room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Kingsburylk, General Manager at The Kingsbury Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at The Kingsbury.

I am glad that our team was able to accommodate your needs during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Sandun, who I'm sure will be very pleased. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their experience.

We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next visit to The Kingsbury.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went in to the Harbour Court in June for the first time, to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch. As I was after something light and quick I ordered the crispy calamari/squid salad. It was far from quick (the restaurant wasn't even full as it was a week day). It took them 50 minutes to bring my salad. I was expecting the best salad ever, since it took 50 minutes..it was the most horrible salad I had ever eaten. I got the smallest portion ever (perfect size for an appetizer) discoloured iceberg lettuce and squid that was not crispy AT ALL! The squid was so rubbery, the salad lacked flavour (was like eating over cooked squid mixed in sweet chili sauce) I was extremely disappointed with the portion size as well. My food did not match the menu description. Will not be going there again! Management should seriously get some good "Standard recipes" and make sure the food is consistent when it leaves the kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diss19

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Thank you for your feedback. However, it is disappointing that your experience was not satisfactory. My team strives immensely to provide the best service to each and every guest of our hotel, thus your comment and recommendations will be regarded as priority in the development of our hotel services. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at The Kingsbury.

I Hope you would visit us again in the near future, as I promise you a pleasant experience on your next visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had the pleasure of experiencing the gourmet food at Kingsbury when I was in Sri Lanka in June. Thinking of the dinner buffet still makes my mouth water..

Appetizers were extensive, ranging from a full seafood spread (prawns, fish, crab, oysters) to grilled and smoked chicken, to lamb kebabs with hummus & pitta. Number of vegetarian options and some creations like galantines, veg cakes and dips.

Main courses featured Indian, Chinese, Live Grill and Local Delights. Good variety and made in from of you at request.

Deserts were really amazing - each individual dish was delicious and well presented.

We only stayed a day sadly and wished it was longer. The service was great and we lived the colonial style spleni that is Kingsbury!

• Stayed: June 2013

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Firstly, My team and I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are happy to know you enjoyed our culinary delicacies, especially the extensive range of scrumptious dishes and desserts.

Your comments regarding our service and excellent food have been shared with our team and they serve as an encouragement to keep up the service standards.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was a most pleasant surprise after the hustle and bustle of downtown Colombo. For me, having good people to deal with is paramount and here the Kingsbury staff excelled. Nothing was too much trouble and the right blend of attentiveness and discretion was found throughout. The rooms were well laid out, perhaps a tad on the small side, with a reasonable ensuite. The breakfast was a lavish spread encompassing Sri Lankan curries, fresh fruit, full cooked breakfast and a selection of options from an extremely competent pastry chef. The infinity pool offered a refreshing dip and a cool drink for tired travellers. In terms of value for money, the Kingsbury was hard to beat anywhere else in Sri Lanka. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from The Kingsbury!

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are extremely pleased our team made a difference in your stay, giving you the precise experience we promise our guests. We truly have a great team and I will pass along your kind words to The Kingsbury Staff. We do try to give our guests the best amenities possible while offering the best rates for their stay.

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Regards,