“Central Location.. Good for Business travellers”
Review of Pearl Grand Hotel

Pearl Grand Hotel
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel Located in Center of city. Near to MC shopping Mall. Rooms are compact size. Breakfast is good, I enjoyed. There are many restaurants near by so food never an issue. Oh.. I don't like the WiFi, its working hot spot and getting disconnected sometimes its irritating. I felt Reception guys can be little Charming!! Otherwise All ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Malgudiboy
There are newer reviews for Pearl Grand Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pros:
+ Spacious, comfortable room with fast Wifi.
+ Very close to Majestic City shopping mall (about 7mins walk away).
+ Breakfast was okay.

Cons:
- Room was way too over priced. Not worth the money. (Then again, all hotels we checked out in Colombo were over-priced).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Naseeh
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is located at a perfect location, reasonable comfortable rooms though they are over priced, good hi speed internet, average breakfast BUT highly non-professional and ill trained reception staff. Very poor communication and understanding of customer management. Recently i had a reservation and when i arrived at the counter, the guy who was even unable to speak properly made me wait for at least 45 mins just to check what rates were given by them for my room. I personally recommend to check few newly operational hotels near Bamblapitya junction !

Room Tip: Top floors with 002 series - Like 9002, 8002, 7002, 6002 - They have good ocean view from balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Saif-ur-Rehman
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked this hotel with my friend via booking.com, but we booked separately. Then, we cancelled it because we had to change our trip schedule. We did everything correctly and had all evidences. After the booking date that we cancelled, we were charged from this hotel but by AGODA!. Surprisingly, I was charged with the full amount (more than I booked), but my friend was charged less than me. However, she was charged more than one night for sure. We were charged in the different rate even though our booking condition was same (5 nights). Also, we never booked this hotel via AGODA, but we both were charged from AGODA!. After we contacted booking.com for the refund, booking.com confirmed that we had all right evidences, and the hotel promised that they will refund money to us. The following days, we got the email from the hotel that they cannot refund because the hotel did not recieve any official cancellation. We did contact booking.com again, and booking.com COMFIRMED that they sent all document to the hotel already. Then, hotel claimed that we were charged from AGODA, not booking. How come we have to book the hotel via two agents? Stupid!! We asked booking to talked to both hotel and AGODA. Finally, the hotel accepted that they charged from us. SOOO. They said that they will refund money to us asap and sent the proof to us 4 days ago. Until now, we have not got anything. The hotel said than they are busy, and they do not have time to do the refund for us. How could I think of this hotel? I have been using the service of both booking and agoda, but I never have any problem before. This hotel is SUCK! The service is extremly bad. The accounting manager, Shalini, is unreliable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank JJ B
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel, It is nice to stay for business visit, Happy with Breakfast & good staff. I strongly recommend this hotel. Hotel located in the ideal place for business. I recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corners are good & spacious
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Prabhakar G
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel is well located near the market and casinos. But the facilities, ambience and service is very average. Food is just ok, nothing great. The manager at the reception was not helpful at all. Overall a let down and an avoidable experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shruti_lsr
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It took a good half hour for our reservation to be retrieved. Rooms were basic and on the squeezy side, with obvious signs of age. The wonderful breakfast spread made up for this - good variety of local and western offerings, and they took pains to change the selection daily. Loved the Sri Lankan sambols. Appreciated the friendly waiter who recommended hoppers with egg, fresh off the pan. Dash across the road for some hearty briyani.

The rooftop pool was a welcome respite in the muggy weather, with a lovely view of the city and ocean in the distance. Walking distance to the famous Barefoot.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family