All reviewsmajestic citygalle roadswimming poolsmall gymnice hotelcomfortable staystandard hotelhotel is centrally locatedcomplimentary breakfastwalking distanceplace to stayrooms are comfortabledouble bedtea coffeeshort stayroom service isthree nights
Reviewed October 25, 2013

All my expectations were met by this hotel: I wanted to be in a place with good international standards, at a decent price and in a good location. My room was very good, with a great working internet and all the amenities you need: nice shower bathroom, flatscreen TVs, mineral water bottles, toothbrush and shaving kit provided. The rooftop pool is really great and the gym is decent. In terms of location, it is perfect: very easily accessible from Galle road, and very near to Parambitityia railway station, if you need to provide description to a taxi or tuktuk drivers. It is also 5 minutes away from Cinnamon Gardens and from the National Museum. In terms of service, everything was excellent at decent prices: room service was really good and no more expensive than eating out outside. Staff provided me a good car to go very early to the airport the next morning at normal prices (30 USD) and had prepared a great breakfast package to take away including sandwich cookies, croissants plus a small box full of fresh fruits!!! That was really nice. Even better, when I left the to the airport, they called to driver to ask him to return because I had forgotten to take one of the boxes. I really appreciated the attentive service and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BertoldV
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My stay at the Hotel was good and completely met my expectations. The breakfast menu spread is exciting and delicious. The Swimming pool and Steam bath gave a good sense of relief.

However the Housekeeping was not upto the mark. I had to remind the staff to change the bedsheets and provide the complimentary water bottles.

Getting a tasty Indian food is hard. Though they have Indian food in their menu and I ordered also, but the taste very far from being Indian.

Rest of the facilities are good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BThomas_12
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited Colombo between 23rd September 2013 and 27th September 2013. Mr.Lakhsman Wijeratne / General Manager was helpful and had provided the room on arrival . The breakfast service was good with Continental / local cuisine and some South Indian dishes. The room was also clean and neat and when a complaint was lodged for not replacing toiletries, Mr.Lakshman immediately arranged to get the same done. The location of the hotel is very convenient and close to the main business district of Colombo. The Wi-fi Service, the airconditioners, the tea / coffee making facility were all good. Also for pure vegetarians there are few Indian dishes available, though there is a scope for improvement. Would definitely recommend the hotel to all business / leisure travellers as it is at the heart of Colombo.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GSR1969
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nestling in a by lane yet close to malls, museums, eating places etc is the Pearl Grand Hotel. We stayed here for a fortnight and what a memorable stay it was. The accommodation was spacious and clean, the staff very helpful and friendly and the management extremely attentive to all our needs. We enjoyed the meals which gave us a taste of the local cuisine as well. The rooftop is a place you can relax with a stunning view of the city and sea. The swimming pool is well manned and maintained. I'd recommend the Pearl Grand not only for all its amenities but it's convenient location as well. A stay you'd really enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heatherdesa
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited Colombo in August, 2013. It was a chance to meet up with family traveling there from India. We booked rooms at the Pearl Grand Hotel, and were delighted with how pleasant the stay was.
Our stay spanned close to 15 days. We discovered that the hotel was in ideal location that allowed us to walk or commute to various points of interest.
The rooms are comfortable, and certainly met our needs. The staff were very accommodating and eager to please. The General Manager made it a point to be very attentive to all the guests, and we got to know him on a first name basis, Lakshman. He was a great host, and was eager to ensure that our stay at the hotel was comfortable. He was a also a great resource for educating us on the delightful foods of Sri Lanka, as well as tourist destinations to visit.
We ate most of our meals at the hotel. To begin with, the breakfast was absolutely scrumptious. The buffet catered to every palate, given that the hotel housed guests from the middle east and China. The Chef and the kitchen staff created magic with the meals they prepared, that we were quite content to partake of lunch and dinner at the hotel.
After being pampered for the two plus weeks in Sri Lanka, it was certainly a difficult adjustment after my return home.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to get a quality product at an affordable price.
H. Pereira

Room Tip: Be sure to watch the sunsets on the terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family