All reviews majestic city galle road swimming pool small gym nice hotel comfortable stay standard hotel hotel is centrally located double bed walking distance rooms are comfortable tuk tuk short stay tea coffee room service is kohinoor rooftop
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived in the early morning at 2AM and received a very warm welcome, the check in was quick and efficient . The room while small was well appointed as was the bathroom . The breakfast provided was very good with plenty of choice for tastes . We found all staff helpful and courteous so we were happy with our hotel selection.

Room Tip: A high floor if possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Talsker
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed in Pearl Grand Hotel with family for 3 nights. It is a decent hotel, centrally located in Colombo. Has a good roof top swimming pool, bar, and gym. The pool had a lot of good safety features incorporated, such as grill between kids pool and main pool for childre protection, availability of floating devices, mentioning of depths at various locations etc.
The room was furnished with required amenities. Staff was friendly and co-operative.
Owing to its location, most of the central locations were available on walking distance, such as Majestic City shopping mall (having Cineplex), Barefoot,and some decent food restaurants serving Halal food (such as Pillawoos, Tandoori Hut, etc). Big fast food chains (such as KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonalds) were also within 10 minutes walking distance.
Breakfast served in the hotel restaurant had pleanty of variety, and was of good quality.
Overall, this hotel is a good choice if you want to stay in Central colombo.

Room Tip: 1) Ask for a room having sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FahadAftab
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Pearl Grand is a decent hotel - rooms are good (family suites are MASSIVE, well worth it), excellent rooftop pool and juice bar, breakfast is strong. It's a little piece of western-standard comfort in an, at times, arduous city and country. Barefoot cafe is over the road and a MUST visit for a relaxing afternoon. Cricket Club Cafe is a 5min walk away, and similarly worth a visit.

Room Tip: Family suites have two singles and a HUGE king bed, with two huge sofas in a living room area. We (four friends) stayed in one for a few days - more like a flat than a room. Would definitely recommend.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank barney m
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in Pearl Grand for 3 nights and I was pleasantly surprised as I never knew about this place until the day I checked into it. It similar to typical 3 or 4 star business hotels Europe but I can't remember seeing all those amenities in one place before. In the room I stayed, I had everything I needed for my stay. From a toothbrush to a clothing line! I liked the novelty DND feature which is just a switch of a button, but at the same time I can see that it can be annoying to some people as it stays on as if you are having a night light. Not to forget that it gets switched off when you leave the room.

It's in the heart of Colombo close to everything. But I saw things that could've been improved. For example they've done some work inside the bathroom but left it properly finishing the job. Lobby and the rooftop bar areas need a bit of 'life'.

All in all it's a great place and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the centre of Colombo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anuhas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Standard "western" hotel.
Happy that they had a family room for all five of us.

Nice pool on the roof.With two kinds of Saunas. Something that we missed a lot.... :-)
I also liked the fact its VERY close to our favorite store in Sri Lanka: Barefoot!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family