Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing dives, highly recommend

I did both my Open Water and Advanced diving courses with Antonio at Island Scuba and couldn't have... read more

Reviewed March 17, 2020
sheharah2016
Wrecks Galore

What a surprise to find all these wrecks i pristine conditions right in front of Colombo. Island... read more

Reviewed March 15, 2020
Simonlorenz
Hong Kong, China
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Colombo
from $58.67
from $5.34
from $61.87
from $5.34
More Info
All reviews dive master dive shop wreck dives these guys great diving open water sea life fraggle rock been diving for years basic skills sri lanka life style great knowledge professional service visiting colombo gear instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2015

Excellent diving company for a visit to Sri Lanka. We were with them while they were on their regular East Coast duties. Great attitude, relaxed and fun to dive with. They clearly enjoy their work and care out what they (and you) do. First class

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank SimonandNeda
Reviewed July 10, 2015

Did not realize there were so many awesome wrecks to dive right off colombo. The team was super, they know so much about the area, history of the wrecks, marine life and have a smooth running operation. Colombo will definitely be the next big dive spot, urban diving..... I will be back. Thanks!

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank 635keirap
Reviewed June 1, 2015

This is a first rate company. Naren, a co-owner, particularly went out of his way to make sure that everyone had a good experience and lacked for nothing. These guys genuinely care not only about their customers but also about state of the environment and the local community.

The wreck dives we did were incredible. They would have been amazing on their own but coupled with the multitude of fish and great visibility made these dives truly outstanding. If you go, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

The diving scene off the east coast of Sri Lanka - at least around passekudah - is pretty much in its infancy and as such it makes for a fabulous relaxed experience with very few other outfits/boats/divers to contend with.

The guys at island scuba were extremely efficient, yet very relaxed and easy going at the same time - a perfect combination. I'm not sure if it was just pure luck or a reflection of it currently being a little off the beaten track, but I had a fabulous time diving the British Sargeant and surrounding area with just me the boat captain and james the dive master for company.

I've dived in many and varied places across the world and these guys run a slick but relaxed operation. The diving itself is not exceptional but there's plenty of diversity and it's well worth a visit.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed May 29, 2015

I dived with Island Scuba at North Passikudah in early May and had an amazing time. Naren, Nilsan and James were fantastic in all respects. It was the beginning of the season and their operation had only been operational on the East Coast for a very short time, but they were well organised, very professional and friendly. Most importantly it was great fun!
This area is relatively unknown, but their knowledge was great and we did 4 excellent dives: 2 on the astonishing British Sergeant, one on Anemone City (as I think it's currently known!) and one on the Lady McCullum. I wish I could've done many more dives with them.
Having seen and dived with a couple of other more established operations further north along the coast I can say with some certainty that they stand out in terms of professionalism, quality of equipment, care of the environment and friendliness
I recommend them very highly and am very much looking forward to my next trip to Sri Lanka when I will spend more time diving with them
thanks guys!