“Awesome Sri Lanka” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tourslanka

Tourslanka
Ranked #49 of 98 Tours in Colombo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourslanka is a locally based, independently managed company. Tourslanka provides private tailor made tours to individuals, couples, families, friends and small private groups.
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a great time in the beautiful country thanks to the meticulous planning of Tourslanka. The guide and driver were excellent and catered to our various interests and needs. My kids enjoyed every bit of their holiday in Sri Lanka and so did we. We visited Colombo, the ruins in cultural triangle, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Udawalawe safari, Galle. All in all an excellent holiday that I will never forget and recommend ToursLanka for planning a holiday in Sri Lanka.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Swan293

Berkshire UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic private tour in Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

having read the existing reviews and experienced a trip, I totally agree with the other comments on the overall quality of the tour and the way Tourslanka helped us to plan and experience the country in the way we wanted to. They were very accommodating, as we were a group of four, 2 Americans and 2 Brits and took a while to get ourselves sorted.
So, the only comments I think add value to others already posted are; If you are thinking of visiting Sri Lanka, allow plenty of time to get between places. Our guide ( Iqkram) was brilliant, he knew all the best places to be and at the time to be there! But, if you try to cram things in, you could miss out on enjoying the "being there" by being in a car.
The overall quality of the hotels was great, we went for an average of 3 star, I can only imagine what we missed with all 4 star. The food is often described as really hot...you can ask for more / less heat, our giude helped influence the more / less throughout. There is something for everyone; culture, sights, walking, beach, wildlife and very friendly, smiles from all the people you meet there.
Thank you Tourslanka and Iqkram for making our holiday one to remember and want to shout about

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Outstanding Private Tour Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently spent a week touring Sri Lanka, with a private itinerary arranged though ToursLanka.
Everything was handled pre-trip with perfection by Tony who promptly responded to my requests and gave me very reasonably priced quotes.
While on tour, my drivers, guides, trackers, vehicles, meals, accommodations were all superb.
As a North American, paying for the deposit and final payment was easy as well, as ToursLanka has an office in California that processed the payments without the hassle of doing international wire payments.
I found that my tour was much better than expected, as the drivers/guides/and trackers seemed to know exactly where to be at just the right time. During our two hours in Bundala National Park, we must have seen 25 bird species, in addition to a full troupe of langurs waiting, it seemed, for only us. We took routes the other tourists did not.
While 50 Jeeps queued at Yala gawking at a leopard on a far away rock on the "am drive" before heading back to their lodges, my team had arranged an all day outing--so we just pulled over and let the horde pass. About 20 minutes after the last "other" 4WD had their look, the tracker said: "the leopard will get up now and pose for us, as the rock he is lying on is getting warm." And so the leopard did just that.
Back in Colombo, I had expert guidance while visiting the Navam Perahera parade, both in afternoon pre-parade festivities getting the elephants ready, but also with great seats during the nighttime parade itself.
I would confidently recommend Tours Lanka for a quality experience in the lovely country of Sri Lanka !!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank GaryFlorida
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sri Lanka Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We had an exciting roundtrip arranged for us by Tourslanka. Visiting many places, including countryside, tea plantage, Galle, Yala, Nuwara Elja, Kandy, villages, "hidden" sites known by our excellent guide. We really had an excellent guide who Shared his knowledge along the way. Tourslanka did deliver all the way - from first inquires to tour was finalized. Can really recommend them - and will take advantage of their service when going to Sri Lanka another time.

1 Thank AnneTravell
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Trips in Beautiful Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked 2 trips through Tourslanka, the first I booked through the internet and it was to the Turtle Sanctuary and then onto the Yala Wildlife Park. Initially, I thought the price was quite expensive but afterwards I realised that it was actually good value. The mini bus was clean, air conditioned and had seat belts. Our guide Iqram was punctual and friendly and he had excellent knowledge of all the areas we visited. First we went to the turtle hatchery and it was amazing for us all too see so many turtles old and young, in real life and so close. Well worth a visit! Then we had a long journey to the wild life park, but if we needed to stop, Iqram knew all the right places. He also pointed out places of interest on the way which was great. At Yala we had our jeep, driver and tracker waiting for us. We realised very soon that the tracker was worthwhile as he spotted animals we would never have noticed. Finally we got what we wanted, the sight of the bull elephant at the watering hole. Amazing!
A little word of caution, it takes a long time to drive any distance in Sri Lanka and that day trip lasted from 7am to 10 pm. For that reason my son aged 11, decided he didn't want to go on the next trip to Kandy, although he had loved the places we had visited .
The trip to Kandy was another long drive, but was well worth it to see the mountain scenery, so different from near our beach resort. We visited the elephant sanctuary on the way and watched the elephants bathe in the river. Then we went to a tea plantation and factory which was fascinating and had lunch at a restaurant at a lovely setting by the river. Finally we started the long steep climb up through the mountain mist to Kandy. A beautiful place with amazing views. We also visited the Botanic Gardens, which had flying foxes in the tree and beautiful orchids.
Two great trips for us which were made more special by our knowledgeable guide Iqram! Thankyou.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank Lindsay D