“Nice setting, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Colombo Fort Cafe

Colombo Fort Cafe
Ranked #58 of 555 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Sri Lankan
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: “Bistro’ style dining….. in a old-world setting with its unique location in the Old Dutch Hospital complex, a heritage site. It offers casual dining with an eclectic mix of Euro – Med cuisine to dine indoors or al fresco style outdoors, under the stars. Beverage selection offers a blend of exotic tropical fresh juices and a well stocked bar Value for money selection for you to enjoy everyday
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Nice setting, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was holding off this review to see whether I was encountering "one-off" bad services. But after three such cases, I think I can pass a verdict.

The restaurant is set up in a nice area. There is outdoor music, there is outdoor seating. However their service and food is really poor. At the last encounter, I asked a waiter whether we can have a menu. The guy goes simply "No sir". That's it. After questioning a bit more I realise that they had a specific even planned for that day and since it is over they are closing for the day. I would expect that sort of an explanation to come from the waiter, after all they are in the hospitality business.

In my previous visits, we had to wait 20 minutes after order our drinks and that too after trying for 10 minutes to flag down a waiter.

The very first time I visited here, back in 2012, the service was prim and food was also good. Too bad both of it are going down now.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KulendraJ

“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

It's nice place to visit for a dinner. There are some great waiters with a friendly service in it. Food is good. Enjoyed the drinks as well. Some times the place get crowded but still it has the independence to enjoy the meal. Price in a margin but overall it's a nice place to dining.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sashika H
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Drinks taste like dirt and rude waiters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The juice as well as the soda I ordered to replace it both tasted like actual dirt. I think they are using really bad tap water to make the drinks. I am a foreigner living here and I have never had this problem in other restuarants in Colombo. Also the waiter told me to order green tea "because you are fat" Well actually I am pregnant, a@#hole. They only gave us 1 menu for a table of 4 people so it took forever for us to each read it and then order. The carbonara I had was OK. Next day I woke up with a really bad stomach ache. Definitely way better places in Colombo to eat at.

2 Thank transientduchess
Nawala , Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Tasty food and very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

A nice place to chill . Very soothing and calm atmosphere in the restaurant Being here with my family .The food and the service is super . Been here many a times .

Trivandrum
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good food. We had Calamari Fry and BBQ Ribs. Bit too pricy but the food was indeed quite good. The service is fast once they take the order.