“Poor service but great view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skky Bar - CLOSED

Skky Bar
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Japanese
Dining options: Seating
Description: SKKY BAR is a chic haven based in the heart of Colombo where cocktails and Japanese cuisine strike the perfect balance. At SKKY we make every attempt to provide our guest with a distinct experience upon every visit, boasting a wide range of entertainment for our guest to savor.We offer our guest delectable menu’s which never fail to impress, providing guests with a comfortable and relaxing environment, to enjoy a truly unique dinning experience. Not to mention a great way to kick off a truly memorable night.SKKY is the limit…
Melbourne, Australia
“Poor service but great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We waited about half an hour to be served and the waiters seem like they've just stepped out of high school but the beers are cold and the view is impressive!

Visited January 2014

Bengaluru, India
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Great place to unwind and have a cold beer. The view was great with the sea right below you. Playing some great music and nice food too

Visited February 2014
Melbourne
“Funky five star views... and prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The freshly renovated Kingsbury Hotel (formerly Intercontinental) has made a great move putting the Skky Bar at the top of its building! When you exit the elevators, the bar has a funky New York style feel and the views are simply stunning!

A great place to kick back and enjoy a drink, Skky bar is (during peak seasons) quite busy and you may be forced to stand somewhat awkwardly at the bar, eyeing off patrons to pounce on a table! I visited a couple of times during my visit to Sri Lanka - the cocktails are nothing to crow about, especially for the five star prices that come with the drinks. The music is good (usually a DJ)... the venue borders on bring a club at times in terms of how loud the music is, but lacks the party atmosphere and perhaps the crowd needed to achieve this cross-over.

However if you're looking for a place for a pre-drink before clubbing, or just want a chilled night admiring the Colombo skyline and don't mind splashing a little cash... then head to the Skky!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Delhi
“Down the hole and up in the sky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

A local (grumpy) friend had mentioned that we must go to the Kingsbury Hotel since it reminded him of "Alice in Wonderland". And when we got there, it was surprisingly true. The hotel has these huge chairs at regular intervals that look like the famous chair Alice sat on when she ate teh cake and became too small. There are pillars made of plexiglass and with fish swimming in them and there are lounges filled with red velvet waiting room chairs. All rather surreal!

Sky Lounge is, of course, on the roof of the hotel. It's filled with expats and young executives and has a view of the sea on one side (since the President's old home is on the other side, I hope there's no vantage view of his dining room but I didn't step that way) and is identical to similar bars I've been to in Mumbai and Dubai. I just couldn't figure out why most women were in boots and jackets?

The evening was equally hallucinatory as the decor downstairs. My mother and aunt were allowed to step in but my uncle and I were stopped. I was asked if I was with the gentleman (well, of course I was but not in anything but a familial sense AND I had lots of chaperons including his wife). My uncle was disallowed since he was wearing sandals ( he tried explaining at length that they were Italian) until a senior staff member appeared and escorted us in. All the nice sea facing tables had reserved signs on them until my aunt got them to just give us one of those tables. The extremely young waiter then proceeded to spill a goodly portion of my very pricey chocolate martini down my mother's white trousers. And, needless to say, there wasn't enough chocolate or vodka in our drinks.

Would I go back? Of course! The view was stunning. But next time I'll just order a beer and enjoy the whole insane experience

Visited September 2013
1 Thank RK24NewDelhi
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“This is Entertainment..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Basically the talk of the town for its amazing atmosphere, service etc. Super service provided and a great location for quality entertainment.

Visited April 2013