“best place i ever stayed in colombo”

Whitehouse Residencies
Ranked #28 of 136 Colombo B&B and Inns
Doha, Qatar
“best place i ever stayed in colombo”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler to Colombo and stayed at this pent house suite for the first time and i must say its the best I've seen in Colombo ..
From the time of check-in till checkout the staff offered a fabulous service. Stayed there for 3 nights and was really happy for selecting this place.
Great central location with easy access to malls, restaurants and pubs. The suite was very clean spacious with many modern amenities and I specially loved the recliner chair and the huge balcony. I will definitely stay here on my next trip. Kudos to the management.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank roshen27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of my trip to Sri Lanka. Check in was efficient and my room was large, clean and bright. There were two twin beds pushed together which I don't like but they were large beds so no problem. There's a/c and a good fan. The bathroom is large and clean and everything works.
There's a good range of sports channels on the TV and a large movie collection available to borrow.
The location is excellent. Some reviewers seemed to have trouble finding it. The address given is 265/2 R.A.De Mel Mawatha. That's the new name of the road. Tuk tuk drivers and everybody else will know it as Duplication Road. If you tell them it's on Duplication Road, just past Liberty Plaza you'll have no problem. There are numerous good restaurants nearby and Galle Face Green is 2 minutes drive or a pleasant 15 minute walk away.
Service is attentive and helpful.
Breakfast is served at exactly the time you request it. It doesn't include tea or coffee for some reason. Coffee is the most important part of my morning routine so I just didn't bother with breakfast after the first morning. They really should rectify this.
At Colombo prices this place is good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in the penthouse suite in the Whitehouse for a couple of days at the end of our Sri Lanka holiday. The suite was nicely equipped with a huge sofa and recliner chair, wifi, huge tv with cable tv and a dvd with 150+ dvds to watch. It has a modern bathroom and comfortable bedroom. Doors open onto a huge balcony area. Breakfast is fruit juice, fruit, toast and eggs. The staff were very polite and friendly. It isn't as cheap as other parts of the country but competitive in the capital. It was a nice bit of luxury to finish off our holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mrgazpacho
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We checked-into the penthouse suite in this hotel which is rated 4 stars. We discovered that it did not have shower facilities. This was not highlighted on their website. We had to ask for alternative accommodation and were given a standard room with shower facility. However, the management did not make any concessions and charged us the full rate of the penthouse suite on the basis that it was a non-refundable booking. The accommodation of their standard room was reasonably good. Future guests please be warned if you are booking the penthouse suite at this hotel. Check all details of facilities you require.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hewlett535
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Whitehouse Residencies upon our arrival to Colombo and were greeted warmly and shown to our room, which was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The hotel is in the heart of the city and almost everything was within walking distance.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and any questions we asked of them were answered happily. On arriving back to our room hot and tired from sightseeing, the young man knocked on our door and presented us with coconut milk (in the coconuts) with straws to drink and refresh us - which they certainly did!

A couple of 'downers' -
I had arranged via the hotel, for a car to collect us upon our arrival at the airport, but it didn't ever arrive and we never had any explanation as to what had happened. The driver of the airport taxi that we had to subsequently use, found great difficulty in finding the Whitehouse Residencies.
We were asked what time we wanted breakfast, but little did we know that a cooked omelette would be put on our table at that exact time, so beware, give yourself a few minutes leaway!
Finally, they were very keen to have payment immediately, this wasn't really a problem and I guess it may have arisen from people sneaking away, not paying their bills.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and we would use the hotel again; it was central, very comfortable, we were well looked after and it was good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor and it was very peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with the Penthouse Suite which we had reserved. Great space with 360 degrees views of the city and private balconies on either side. Best more over was its very reasonable price for this space and service in the city. A special thank you to the staff who were very helpful and most times even carried our bags.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liamwitherton
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Think thousand times before coming this place. After seeing the review I decided to stay. I called and book here. I reached here on Sunday late evening so no food can be arranged. The attendant was very keen about the toatl depost of US$ 450.00 Once I paid he vanished. AC was not working and flies and mosquotes were in abudant. A very dim light in room. In bathroom health faucet is not working and basin mixer is also out of order.

In morning a small bowl of fruits and 2 toasts of bread is breakfast.

When I returned in the evening room was not cleaned when I asked they told me that they use to clean the room in two days so they will clean tomorrow.

I had made a deposit of 6 days so I demanded that I want to vacate the room so please refund my money which they refused do and told me that money is non refundable I can vacate but they will not refund the money.

They will not give you drinking water too.

They will charge you US$ 75 per night its not value for money. Its horrible.

Room Tip: Its horrible and complete waste of money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business