“Amazing Sri Lanka”

and up
Colombo City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Relax, Rejuvenate AndSenses – Enjoy A Day Tour In Sri LankaWelcome to the beautiful emerald isle known as Sri Lanka! Let us greet you with a salutation of “Ayubowan” which means “May you live long and healthy” and offer you an exciting array of tours to enjoy and turn your vacation into a delight!Tours that take you from the commercial capital Colombo to the astonishingly greenery of the Hill Country; to the sights and sounds of the bustling towns of the deep Down South; to the ancient cities located in the Cultural belt and to the Northern coastal areas where the rich cultural heritage of our island is celebrated in the everyday lives.
Reviewed October 12, 2015

Blue Lanka Tours organized a 15 days tour for us. 9 days round trip and the rest at the beach in Kalpitiya. Thanks to Blue Lanka, we had 15 beautiful days. During our round trip, our great tour guide Kalinga showed and explained us so much about the culture and the history of his lovely country and it was amazing how nice everybody was. We had a great time and would do the same tour always again, it is for sure the amazing Sri Lanka!

Date of experience: October 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"lion rock"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2015

I had a 2-day business trip in Colombo. Due to the travel distance, I scheduled to arrive a day earlier and budget another day before I departed. With so much to see and so little free time, I needed advice and a good company. After checking a few sites, I settled with Blue Lanka. Dinesh was very quick in responding my queries. I picked Kandy as my Day One destination. Dinesh, out of his busy schedule, came to be my guide. He asked about my interests and projected the time it would take to return back to Colombo, and remained flexible with our time and itinerary throughout the day. During our long drive, Dinesh talked about his dream, his ambition, vision and value. I was very impressed by how he carried himself, how he ran his company, how generous he was to his staff (trusting, empowering and mentoring them). He walked the walk!
I was scheduled to meet up with him again for Day Two to go to Galle. However, two of my colleagues wanted to join me after they heard so much about this wonderful company. Instead of a city tour, they wanted to go to the countryside. In less than 12 hours before the start of the next next trip, I called Dinesh to change the plan. He came to meet me and assured me to provide the right vehicle to go to the new destination of our choice. We chose Sigiriya and Dambulla. Driver and guide Aruna came promptly at 4am as agreed upon so we could be there before the crowd arrived, but also to ensure we had time to see the sites and returned to the airport to board the flights home. Aruna was so caring and cheerful... It would have been a wonderful day and visit as it was. However, what set this company apart from the rest was the care for their clients.
I unexpectedly came down with food poisoning from the dinner the night before. I vomited and went on bio breaks during the museum visit. Aruna went to get water, made sure I was ok to continue. At lunch time, I did not have any appetite so he called in the chef to see if he could cook something for me (it was a buffet). Once we left the restaurant, he went to look for an Ayurveda drink to cure indigestion and food poisoning. The drink tasted like liquid plastic, but it took care of it!! For the remainder of the afternoon, he paced the speed so we could enjoy the time at Dambulla, taking photos for us, giving us anecdotes our temple guide didn't. He was so personal! Also we found out later that our car tire was punctured on our way to Sigiriya. Aruna took care of it during our climb but didn't miss a beat by coming back in time to take us to the next stop. During lunch time, he went to get a more permanent fix so we would not risk missing our flights. On our way back, Aruna kept with pace in heavy rain, made sure we were dropped off at the airport safe and sound, and early enough to do more shopping if we wanted.
In short, the staff (I met three in my two day trips) were very professional, knowledgeable, on time (an exception by local standard), honest in their assessment, delivered what was promised, and were very caring, flexible and attentive to their clients' interests. I would highly recommend it to my friends and colleagues who come to this part of the world. In fact, Blue Lanka makes the already very charming Sri Lanka even more so! I had a wonderful experience. I wish I could stay longer!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank PeiMo
Reviewed October 11, 2015 via mobile

ASELA, our tour guide from Blue Lanka Tours is easily one of the best things to have happened to us in Sri Lanka. He is all that a traveller can look for in a guide and much more. Becoming friends with tourists and making them feel at home comes naturally to him. He also knows a lot about his country and its people and shared interesting stories about the same with us with a lot of enthusiasm . Whether it was something that we wanted to know more about while we were on the road or looking for a coffee shop or simply wondering what the weather would be like in a couple of hours,he was our go to person. ASELA is proof that Sri Lankans are very warm , soft spoken and welcoming people. I recommend Sri Lanka not only for what the country has to offer but also for what it's people have to offer !

Reviewed October 10, 2015

we were a group of 5 friends and (Boys and Girls). We had 3 tours with Blue Lanka, day 1 tour of Kandy- we covered the tooth temple , elephant orphanage , statute of Budha 3rd highest in Sri Lanka. Day 2 river rafting and Cave seeing, Day 3 city tour of Colombo.
First Dinesh is a super amazing guy, from the first query that we had sent to him he replyed each and every mail promptly, he ensures that your trip is amazing, at time when we were confused , we took his advise and glad we did so. Dinesh ensures that you get the maximum value of your time.
Dinesh had dupted Asela as our guide and Asela is an excellent gentleman, he was puntual and went out of his way to facilitate all our requests, he is like a mobile conciearge, just tell him what you want and he would get it for you. From entry to cricket stadiums to reservations at last minute to best restaurants he did it all for us.
Air Con Car, safety, water, Tickets they took care of all.
If you travel to Srilanka they are the best ones to take you arround.

2  Thank Shiladitya-Dodo