“Elephants, Whales and Culture”
Review of Blue Lanka Tours

Blue Lanka Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Relax, Rejuvenate And Revive Your Senses – Enjoy A Day Tour In Sri LankaWelcome to the beautiful emerald isle known as Sri Lanka! Let us greet you with a salutation of “Ayubowan” which means “May you live long and healthy” and offer you an exciting array of tours to enjoy and turn your vacation into a delight!Tours that take you from the commercial capital Colombo to the astonishingly greenery of the Hill Country; to the sights and sounds of the bustling towns of the deep Down South; to the ancient cities located in the Cultural belt and to the Northern coastal areas where the rich cultural heritage of our island is celebrated in the everyday lives.
Auckland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Elephants, Whales and Culture”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

With me based in New Zealand and my friend extending her holiday to London by just over a week it was fate and flights that we decided to meet in Sri Lanka. With only two weeks to plan our holiday after asking friends who to do we realized that there was lots to see in such a short time. After being given tips on attractions and where to stay we were recommended to contact Blue Lanka tours.

I sent an email just a week out to see if Blue Lanka tours could assist with our plans. We were in luck as they had one driver left over this time period and Dinesh replied asking what would would like to see, I sent through all the tips we had got and said that although we had a small time frame of nine days we would like to see as much as we could. A day later we had an itinerary and with a few more emails across three different time zones we managed to lock in what was sure to be a busy tour.

There were a few dramas on the way to Sri Lanka, myself travelling standby and arriving in the early hours on the night was not sure if I would make my flight and did not book accommodation but all was sorted when i emailed Dinesh asking if I could add one night onto the tour just as I was boarding the plane in Hong Kong and this was not a problem and he would have a car ready to pick my up in seven hours time, which was actually nine after a plane change. My friend who was bumped from her flight and had to travel the next day meant that we needed to pick her up from the airport around three hours after we were due to leave. This was not a problem and the tour was amended so that this could happen. It was great that we were able to still managed to visit all the places that we had planed.

On my first day I stayed in Negombo close to the airport and while I was in the lobby in the morning Dinesh arrived with an itinerary and map after driving all the way from Colombo to see me and explain my tour in person. Dinesh takes pride in his company and always seeks feedback and wants you to have best experience that you can.

Krishan was our driver and tour guide and nothing was ever to much trouble with him. we had some very early starts to fit in everything that we wanted to see including one 0400am start and Krishan was always there ready to go with a smile on his face and breakfast ready for us from the hotel. Krishan was always professional however before long we knew he was more than a driver and was our friend. He would stop often at the local stalls on the road side and often insisted that he paid. He would also always come along with us so that we did not have any problems and made sure that we always had the best experience possible

The tour schedule itself was amazing it had culture history and of course Animals. I have some amazing memories and if you are thinking about visiting Sri Lanka I highly recommend it.If you want to take a tour you really can't go past Blue Lanka Tours they really are as good as people say on Tripavisor.

8 Thank ghallnz

Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Blue Lanka Tours - your friends on SL trips”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

As we are packing up and coming to the end of our 9-day trip to Sri Lanka, my wife and I agree 100% that our trip was made all the more memorable by Dinesh and his Blue Lanka Tours team. Right from the point of reaching out to planning our itinerary to our last day on the Emerald Island, the team demonstrated impeccable professionalism and client service. Our guide, Mr. Janaka, was very knowledgeable and provided us with interesting tit-bits of information on all the locations that we visited. He also went out of the way to ensure that we got a chance to visit all the sites that we wanted to see and we spent as much time as we wished at each location. We are reasonably heavily-packed travelers, however, Blue Lanka Tours made sure that we were taken around comfortably in a large car with enough boot space. As a policy, Blue Lanka Tours requires that their clients make an advance payment of 50% of the total itinerary price. While it may lead to some apprehension, especially given that this payment has to be made BEFORE one even lands in Sri Lanka, the team is completely trust-worthy and like the rest of the reviewers, one can place their faith in them and simply look forward to an enjoyable trip:)). On a side note, Sri Lanka is a GORGEOUS country with plenty of locations of interests, be it history, culture, sea-side leisure or spirituality. When you plan your next trip to Sri Lanka, we strongly recommend Blue Lanka Tours as your tour operator. You are guaranteed a wonderful experience, and you will join the club of Blue Lanka Tour's admirers!!!

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Sriram S
Darwin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“good service!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I joined a friend's tour for 4 days and was very impressed by how attentive, knowledgeable, and nice our guide, Krishan, was. After travelling by public bus and staying in pretty basic accommodation for the rest of my Sri Lankan trip, I was also pretty chuffed with the tour accommodation and air-conditioned van... Bliss!

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Sophie S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Courteous, knowledgeable and safe”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We just returned from a fantastic trip to Sri Lanka. Dinesh and his team at Blue Lanka contributed to the fact that our holiday was amazing!
Like previous reviewers already indicated, communicating with Dinesh is very pleasant, as he responds quickly and clearly.
We had to make an advance payment of half the total price and were a little hesitant to do this. After reading the good reviews here, we decided to do it anyway.

Apart from previous reviews, one of the reasons for us to go with Blue Lanka, was the fact that they didn’t charge us for driver accommodation in case the hotel we chose didn’t provide for that.

We were very delighted with our driver Aruna. Not only was he always on time, he was courteous, thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, amusing, very friendly and above all a safe driver. Nothing was too much, things he didn’t know he would find out and he is very good in making connections, thereby expanding the services Blue Lanka can offer in the future.
Aruna made sure we had sufficient supply of water and he stopped at roadside stalls to get local delights.

If we or our friends were to travel to Sri Lanka in the future, we won’t hesitate to think of Blue Lanka.

4 Thank AnjaSjoerd
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“This is the way to experience Sri Lanka”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have just returned from the most wonderful time in Sri Lanka. I travelled right down the west coast, along the south coast to Tangalle and then to Yala National Park, Ella, Nuwera Eliya, the cultural triangle (Kandy, Dambulla, Polonuwerra, Sirigya) then to Kegalle for a day with the elephants and back to Colombo. It was such a pleasurable holiday because of the wonderful, courteous and professional services of Dinesh and his team. Aruna my guide, driver, interpreter and fellow intrepid traveller was fantastic. He was so knowledgeable and personable and really made sure that I was well looked after during the time I was travelling around. A lasting memory is eating buffalo curd and treacle from a road side stall with the ingredients made by the stall owners using traditional methods. Delicious !! As the other reviewers have said nothing was a problem for Dinesh and Aruna. Having made all the arrangements on-line from Australia you can never be sure, however Blue Lanka Tours proved themselves to be honest, effective and efficient. Dinesh was always very responsive. I would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a personalized tour of Sri Lanka. You can have complete confidence that a wonderful holiday will be had.

5 Thank Louise C