“NO GOOD”

Palm Strip
Ranked #480 of 555 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: International, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is the main restaurant for passenger use in the Departures section of the Colombo International airport also referred to as Bandaranaike International Airport.
“NO GOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was sent there because I had a silver flysmiles card.When i walked in there was not a single staff was there.There were some passengers sleeping and a few passengers seated and eating.After about 10mts waiter walked upto me and asked for the invitation he came from the next door restaurant.He was not pleasant.I orderd an expresso single got it in big coffee cup.Food looked stale.There were no cutlery had wait for sometime till he reappeared again to ask for them.He picked some up from the bar and gave it to me.Later on another waiter came from next door and started chatting even thogh a family was fast a sleep.Bosses should supervise this place regularly

• Visited September 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My kids were served with a spoiled Noodles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was travelling back from Colombo to Wellington by Singapore Airlines on 18th November, 2012 with my family, and thought of taking dinner at the Palm Strip restaurant. I ordered a noodle for my 3 year old son, and 18 months old daughter, and was surprised to see that, they served a spoiled dish, which had bad odour. When complained to the cashier, he just brushed off and went and sat in his cashier counter. Then I called the manager, and complained, and he agreed that its a spoiled dish, and said he will refund me just the noodle. The cashier didn't even apologized to me, and didn't even bothered, even though I said, my kid has eaten this dish. I went to the sri lankan airline counter and complaint, which they didn't even bothered about it. They said, I should only talk to the restaurant managers.

My advice to parents, never feed anything to kids without tasting it, especially from these kind of restaurants.

If it had happened in Singapore airport, I know they would have concerned and taken appropriate measure, but this Sri lankan airport and its restaurant were so careless about its passengers.

regards