“Clean and spacious”

Ranked #13 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Colombo
Cairns
“Clean and spacious”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms are large and clean and very well set out . I love Sri lanka and this is my fourth visit here are we have stayed in many places all over the country. This place lacks a view and a real feel of the country, however it was clean and well presented, but it is not cheap. There is also some rule that there is no alcohol allowed on the premises, I ignored that and i recommend you do the same. I would not stay here again it lacks character as this country is full of incredible places to stay .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here two nights because I was traveling with a group of six and the suite worked well. I probably would not stay here again though because the hotel essentially has no services or view. The staff was attentive enough bar one frustrating experience trying to get a taxi. It's a utilitarian place, you get a clean room and breakfast but nothing else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DelhiBaby
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hi all,
I have stayed in this suite(name doesn't really equates it's meaning though) in december. It's not at all worth for what you pay. I know for that price you can get to stay in 5* hotels. I paid $190/ night for a room where as in 5* I paid $170. It is not as convenient as 5* hotels which are just opposite to sea and you get everything in house. Here for everything you have to go out(lunch, dinner and grocery) . Only Odel shopping mall is nearer to this place. I booked this by seeing the reviews on tripadvisor but it's not really worth unless you want a single or double bedroom apartment. Even then I wouldn't pay that much money for that place. In fact I told them that they should reduce the price if they want to keep their business running, they were least bothered on my suggestion. He even said that they are full all the time with that price. So I understood that he is not going to reduce the price or try n understand the customers view. I booked it for 2 days, I was planning to stay their for 5 days but after looking their approach, I moved to Taj Samudra for the less price n for the rest of 3 days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

the hotel is very clean and the staff are professional. the location is good, yes it is not on the main road but i believe this will add quiteness to u. the only note is; my booking was in Dollar but they charge me with the sirilankan Robi so i paid extra

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sa S
Goring-on Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We somehow bagged a real bargain here - a suite of air conditioned rooms was the perfect luxurious end to our 3 weeks in Sri Lanka.

After a long bus journey the hot towels, friendly welcome and complimentary drinks were very much appreciated!

Breakfast was served to our room.

All in all a very pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaminneb
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 4 year old daughter and were impressed with the apartment.Had all the amenities which we wanted-A/C,cooking facilities/washing m/c,dryer.Location was very central and walking distance to a good foodcourt and supermarket.The general manager Mr Sheriff was extremely helpful and went out of his way to ensure our stay was comfortable.
We did notice a few mosquitoes in our apartment and felt that the staff servicing the room could be more efficient-for eg 2 of them did not know how to operate the washing m/c.
All in all we were very happy with our stay and will definitely consider staying here on our future visits to Colombo and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were referred to this hotel by a friend and have enjoyed perfect service for our stay. We are travelling with quite a large group so we booked the four bedroom penthouse. It was clean and beautifully furnished, as well as being thoroughly made up every day. The staff went out of their way to help us get where we needed to go at the times we needed to be there and always delivered their services with a smile. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends