okay Hilton has a well established name and it does in many ways live up to this. Its service is good with impeccable manners. Fantastic array of restaurants - I have tried nearly them all out apart from Spoons(high end restaurant) and the Sri Lankan Barbecue. From recollection they have Japanese (very authentic and popular with japanese local expats), Italian (by the poolside), Chinese(high class), American type bar, and an International Buffet which was astounding amount of choice and all well prepared - the piece de resistant was a hansel and gretel type sweet area where you eat as much as you can deserts from freshly prepared pancakes/waffles to icecreams amazing amount of cakes and puddings. I think there are other restaurants but I cannot remember. Cocktails were good too!
Okay the rooms are looking a little dated but are well maintained and still reasonable and you can get very good rates to stay here so overall its a good value for money. If you dont want to spend too much. Swimming pool you take a small quaint bridge to get to it so its maybe not as convienent however seemed quieter and less locals come to Hilton.
Not sure about spa though it must have one.
Its far far better than Cinnamon Grand and I would pick Hilton every time over CG. The lack of service at Cinnamon Grand means it can and will spoil your stay. Hilton is impeccable in its adherance to good service.
I think for business this is one of the best.
Its not as holidayish or as romantic as some of the smaller boutique hotels. But they can be very expensive. The Galle face new wing (regency) is a better location but again it can be pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded the title of Sri Lanka’s Leading Hotel and Sri Lanka’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards, this Colombo hotel is centrally located in Colombo’s business district. With a range of accommodation, from guest rooms and executive rooms to suites, this hotel in Colombo offers stunning views over the Indian Ocean. For relaxation and business alike, Guests will enjoy the endless luxurious accommodations we have to offer. • Only hotel with a connecting bridge to The World Trade Centre • Largest pillar-less ballroom in the city • Signature chefs from Italy, Japan, India, China, Australia and Sri Lanka • Located in the heart of Colombo • Equipped with a gym, pool, karaoke bar and signature restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Hilton International Colombo
- Colombo Hilton International