It was my first time in Sri Lanka but I have to say it certainly left a good impression. We booked the suite as the price was pretty affordable. The hotel is about 45 mins from the airport and we had a driver for the entire duration of our trip. The view from my room was awesome and the suite was big. Furnishing was a little outdated and they were still not using flat-screen televisions but everything was still working fine. Service was good. I remember when I could not find the bottle opener to open my bottle of coke I had called the reception up and they told me it was on the wall of the bathroom. I searched the wall to no avail, not realizing that the bottle opener they used looked very different from the one I am used to seeing so I had to call someone to help me. The guy used a portable bottle opener and tried to point out that there was a bottle opener on the bathroom wall. On the second night, the same thing happened again and I had to call someone up until he pointed out to me and showed me how to use it.
I also tried out the spa facilities but the spa is located across the road so you have to cross a bridge to get there. The massage was ok. They had showers so I managed to have a shower before walking back to the hotel. I certainly did not want to walk back all covered in oil. The spa facilities and swimming pool were all located on the opposite side of the road so it was a little inconvenient to cross the overhead bridge with other people who were not hotel guests.
The buffet in the restaurant was not bad and we had drinks at the bar too. Overall, I would say that it was worth what we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded the title of Sri Lanka’s Leading Hotel and Sri Lanka’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards, this Colombo hotel is centrally located in Colombo’s business district. With a range of accommodation, from guest rooms and executive rooms to suites, this hotel in Colombo offers stunning views over the Indian Ocean. For relaxation and business alike, Guests will enjoy the endless luxurious accommodations we have to offer. • Only hotel with a connecting bridge to The World Trade Centre • Largest pillar-less ballroom in the city • Signature chefs from Italy, Japan, India, China, Australia and Sri Lanka • Located in the heart of Colombo • Equipped with a gym, pool, karaoke bar and signature restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Hilton International Colombo
- Colombo Hilton International