An imposing, beautiful entrance, and your mind is made up already: I am gonna love this vacation! It's done up in a grand Sri Lankan style, complete with ivory and gold for effect and breath takingly done-up, beautiful indoors.
If you like the feel of luxury, frills, fancy stuff, be assured you've arrived at the correct place.
I must admit I was worried that the food there may not suit my palate. You see, I am not much of a fan of coconut curries, pastes, milk in all m food. I like coastal food only once in a while. But I was pleasantly surprised that they did have sufficient choice- not extravagant variety, but sufficient. Both the Indian restaurant as well as the Chinese one were great! The buffet was splendid, too!
One tip though: please do insist on mineral water when visiting such countries, no matter where you choose to stay.
The room service is prompt, and takes care of minor variations in food if requested.
The view is good too, but I would suggest you leave the hotel for a walk in the beach- it will completely mesmerize you!
While in Sri Lanka, do not miss on the shopping bit. Odel is a shopper's paradise, at a fraction of the normal price!
One last piece of advice: leave ample margin if you a flight to cath/ an appointment. It's Sri Lanka: you may be held back for some unexpected reason for some time. Even though we didn't have to use this piece of advice ourselves, we felt better every time that we did have enough time on our hands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Samudra Colombo is located in the heart of the Colombo city, overlooking the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. The most stylish Executive category rooms are by far the best in design and comfort in the city of Colombo. Taj Samudra offers the following choice of food & beverage outlets - Latitude - all day dining restaurant serving Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a a choice of la carte specialties Navratna - Specialty Indian Restaurant catering to North Indian flavors Golden Dragon - Authentic Chinese Cuisine with a specialty in Sichuan Cuisine, YUMI - Japanese resto bar with live entertainment from Thursday through Saturday,live sports and best of live entertainment over weekends, Lobby Lounge - Unwind over a snack, dessert or a quiet drink. In Room Dining - 24 hour room service Keeping in line with the changing times, Taj Samudra retains the colonial charm, heritage value, sense of space, privacy and luxuries for our esteemed guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Taj Samudra Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Samudra Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Taj Samudra Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Taj Samudra Hotel