I stayed here for a couple days while visiting Colombo for work. I had been to Colombo once before and stayed at the Hilton. I thought this was a better choice, more modern, better kept, and the breakfast and dinner buffets were good. Location is fine, not on the beach but very central and the service was good. Colombo has a pretty poor choice of hotels so this is a good choice considering the dearth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Samudra Colombo is located in the heart of the Colombo city, overlooking the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. The most stylish Executive category rooms are by far the best in design and comfort in the city of Colombo. Taj Samudra offers the following choice of food & beverage outlets - Latitude - all day dining restaurant serving Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a a choice of la carte specialties Navratna - Specialty Indian Restaurant catering to North Indian flavors Golden Dragon - Authentic Chinese Cuisine with a specialty in Sichuan Cuisine, YUMI - Japanese resto bar with live entertainment from Thursday through Saturday,live sports and best of live entertainment over weekends, Lobby Lounge - Unwind over a snack, dessert or a quiet drink. In Room Dining - 24 hour room service Keeping in line with the changing times, Taj Samudra retains the colonial charm, heritage value, sense of space, privacy and luxuries for our esteemed guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Samudra Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Samudra Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Taj Samudra Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Taj Samudra Hotel