I stayed at the Taj Samudra after a gap of almost 7 years. I have been travelling a fair bit to Colombo and staying at the Cinnamon Grand but got tired of it and specially the ordinary service. As you enter the Taj Samudra, you are reminded of old world charm - of large hotels with massive properties. This one is bang opposite the sea and you have a great view if you get a sea facing room (which half the hotel should have). I was in an Executive room, which I understand are the refurbished ones. These are very decent by Colombo standards - where all the Hotel properties are a bit dated. The room has teh standard amenities which you expect from a similarly rated property. The Coffee shop (where Breakfast is also served) was very nice with a wide array of items for Breakfast. The property has a nice pool and the service levels are very good - far better than at the Cinnamon Grand. The difference between the two properties is that the Taj is quiet, the lobby never has too many people while the Cinnamon's lobby always looks crowded with a lot of noise. Different people will have different tastes but I found the quiet nice for a change. I used the Hotel car to transit from and to the airport. This is very reasonable and the cars are very spacious and new. The cars are also available for short term use and are readily available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Samudra Colombo is located in the heart of the Colombo city, overlooking the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. The most stylish Executive category rooms are by far the best in design and comfort in the city of Colombo. Taj Samudra offers the following choice of food & beverage outlets - Latitude - all day dining restaurant serving Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a a choice of la carte specialties Navratna - Specialty Indian Restaurant catering to North Indian flavors Golden Dragon - Authentic Chinese Cuisine with a specialty in Sichuan Cuisine, YUMI - Japanese resto bar with live entertainment from Thursday through Saturday,live sports and best of live entertainment over weekends, Lobby Lounge - Unwind over a snack, dessert or a quiet drink. In Room Dining - 24 hour room service Keeping in line with the changing times, Taj Samudra retains the colonial charm, heritage value, sense of space, privacy and luxuries for our esteemed guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Samudra Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Samudra Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Taj Samudra Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Taj Samudra Hotel