“Overall Feedback from Varun”

Hilton Colombo Residences
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed May 18, 2013

1. Reception staff were excellent. 2. All other areas were very good. I did not use the fitness centre or the pool 3. L3 restaurant needs improvements. 4. In general, the attitude of all the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Varun J
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Varun J,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Colombo Residence, we very much appreciate your positive feedback on our facilities and service, which highlighted your experience with us.

We have noted your feedback regarding Verandah Bistro & Bar and continue to work hard to ensure that we deliver great dining experiences to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Colombo..

Reviewed May 15, 2013

One of the best places to stay in Sri Lanka. I have always enjoyed my stays there, business or pleasure, this is an excellent choice. I have stayed here on a regular basis during the last many years and I always look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to welcome you, thank you for making Hilton Colombo Residence your preferred hotel in Colombo. It is rewarding for us to know that our service has contributed towards your positive experiences with us. We look forward to having you with us again and as always, we remain at your service.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were traveling as a party of 3 and found the Colombo Residence to be one of the few hotels that could accommodate us with a 3 bedroom suite. This is an ideal hotel for families. The location is great, there are many amenities including a pool and 24 gym. For all intents and purposes this is a serviced apartment with the conveniences of staying at a 5 star hotel.

Our room was recently refurbished. Most of the decor is contemporary. The apartment included a living area with flat screen TV and DVD player. There is a well appointed kitchenette with a large fridge/freezer, microwave and electric stove top and oven. Plenty of cutlery, crockery and glassware.

Our apartment had 2 bathrooms. The bathroom in the master is modern and includes a tub/shower. The second bathroom includes a shower. The master bedroom also includes a flat screen TV. The other two bedrooms are spacious and have plenty of wardrobe space. All rooms are air conditioned with the exception of the kitchen and the 2nd bathroom. We didn't really find this to be an issue though. If you're aware of the heat in Sri Lanka, these air conditioners did a great job maintaining a comfortable environment.

The staff at the hotel are simply amazing. Their determination to meet your requests and make your stay pleasant is commendable. We had an issue with the plumbing one day, they sent up the engineers to take a look. He implemented a quick fix for the evening and the next day, the entire unit was replaced. I've never seen that level of service at any hotel I've stayed at and I'm very impressed.

Overall, I intend to stay at this hotel every time my family or I visit the island. I would not hesitate recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: The choice of floor you choose does have an impact on your ability to get into and out of the buildi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Berty01757,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Colombo Residence, we are delighted that you and your family felt comfortable and at home with us during your stay.

My team very much appreciates your encouraging feedback and compliments of their service. They are indeed dedicated to always ensuring that our guests receive the exemplary Hilton hospitality experience. It is also a great pleasure to learn that the hotel has become your preferred accommodation for the whole family.

We look forward to having you all with us again on your next trip to Colombo.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff were incredibly hospitable and friendly. Always smiling and attentive to our needs. We stayed in a 3 bedroom standard suite which was well furnished and had ample space. I will definitely stay here on subsequent trips. The location is very central. All in all, 10/10 rating from me. If going to Colombo, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael F

Dear Michael F,

We are delighted that your recent stay with us earned your high rating of the hotel!

Thank you for your feedback on our apartment and our Sri Lankan hospitality, which highlighted your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Colombo.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a long overdue review and I apologize to the staff for taking so long to submit this.

I am a returning guest and just like my previous review, I have to say that these apartments truly feel like a home away from home. (For all the details you must read my previous review).

My husband and I returned to stay in November and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, seemed to recognize us and the welcome was overwhelming. We were treated like royalty and I believe this is the standard treatment loyal guests receive when they return.

The hospitality, friendly and courteous service we received during our entire stay was so warm and genuine.

We were given personal attention by the reservations manager and when I stepped into the newly remodeled apartment, it just simply took my breath away!!! Stunning and absolutely gorgeous. Very tastefully decorated with contemporary furniture and fixtures, the bathrooms stylishly tiled and the kitchen with sparkling new appliances.

Another memorable stay made possible by the entire staff at the Hilton Residence in Colombo. I am sad that we have no plans to return to Sri Lanka till next year, but I know for sure where I am going to stay in Colombo. Do you have any doubts???

Room Tip: Ask for the newly remodeled apartments.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kayshu01,

As always, the pleasure is ours to welcome you and your husband back!

I am very happy to learn that my team once again made your stay so memorable and special. Thank you for your compliments, it is always a delight to see familiar faces and extend our Sri Lankan hospitality to ensure that all our guests feel at home with us.

It is also wonderful to see your photos of our refurbished apartment on Tripadvisor. Your kind feedback on the new decor, fixtures and furniture is very much appreciated and I am pleased that you both thoroughly enjoyed this "new" experience.

Thank you once again for your warm review. My team and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good location and very large appartments with three bedrooms, ideal for a family. We were upgraded to a Pentouse Suite which was even bigger than the standard appartments. Furnishings are little dated but very claen and fanastic views.
Excellent buffet breakfast was included.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Antony B,

My team and I are delighted that you and your family felt at home in our Penthouse Suite!

Thank you for your kind feedback on our apartment and breakfast buffet, it is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you all with us again, should you return to Colombo in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We attended for a office function. Banquet hall was refurbished recently and very well done. They have modern lighting installed. Buffet was very good. Service is good but could further improve being more pro active.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sanjeewa A,

It is a pleasure to learn that the recent office function you attended at Hilton Colombo Residence went smoothly and was a positive experience.

It is wonderful to receive positive feedback on our refurbished function room and the food quality of our buffet spread. The team have received your comments regarding their service and continues to work hard to deliver the exemplary service expected of a Hilton hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.