“Essentials Patisserie - the "forgetful"”
Review of Waters Edge

Waters Edge
Ranked #42 of 621 Restaurants in Colombo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ordered some sandwiches for an office group lunch yesterday. went pi collect it to the "Essentials Patisserie" at Waters Edge. The sales staff (The guy wearing the suit) was not courteous at all. Thats ok for me since attitude is his problem, not mine.. but what really bothered me was;

The sandwiches were packed in polystyrene boxes. when we opened them back in office there were 7 sandwiches instead of the 9 we ordered. (Rs 214 each).
Waters Edge Essentials used to be a great place to go for lunch at work.. .. Yes I sad it... USED TO Be a great place.. !!!!
So beware !!!!!

2  Thank Chandima G

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Having an open dinner buffet right next to the gym area wasn't the wisest of choices. Charging LKR 2,500 for it is quite outrageous. Would recommend going to a more high rated hotel for the same price if not cheaper.

1  Thank Asitha K
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Waters Edge used to be fancy and pleasant place to dine. In our recent visit, we found that it lost its elegance. Most chairs are broken and floor not polished, wait staffs are slow and not eager to serve you. The buffet meal is not worth the money @2500 each. The drinks menu is large but very expensive. After the meal, instead of feeling happy and satisfied, we felt very frustrated. We will not come back here to dine anymore.

3  Thank MommyandmeColombo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently visited the Dining room for the dinner buffet. The first impression of the place was very nice with water features and ample seating space both inside, outside in the garden and on the terrace. The staff were very helpful and courteous.

The food variety on offer was very good. I would say it there is a much better spread here than most five star hotels in Colombo. While there was no pork meat available which was a major draw-back, the rest of the items made up for it. Even the desserts had a wide variety which I enjoyed very much. I would have definitely loved to have had more space in my stomach, to sample more dessert choices. We also felt the price for the buffet was quite reasonable based on what was on offer.

The Dining room is definitely I place I would visit again.

1  Thank Shahe A
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A good hotel for conferences and weddings. Staff quite professional. Starters tasty and good food served at the conference. Lovely lotus all around!