“Not for the healthy!”
Review of Avirate Cafe

Avirate Cafe
Ranked #22 of 32 Coffee & Tea in Colombo
Description: Fabulous cafe (next door to a fabulous dress shop) -opposite Lemon. Grilled chicken sandwich (with a touch of Sri Lankan Spice) is fabulous. I would suggest one of the best coffees in Colombo and the Ginger Spice Ice Crush is worth the visit.....if you like smoothies must make the effort!
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I popped in on the way back from the gym and ordered a low fat cafe latte and 2 carrot and orange crushes with no added sugar. The gentleman who dealt with me had good English and understood what I had asked for. However after he made my cafe latte I saw him putting the milk back into the fridge and it was full fat. I decided not to say anything because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to ask him to make another one. I paid and left but when I got home I discovered that the pre-made carrot / orange crush had loads of extra sugar in it, it was so sweet!! This really upset me, the milk I thought had been a genuine mistake but to not tell me that the carrot / orange crush already contained so much added sugar was wrong - it was a total waste of my money and down right dangerous because the other drink was for my mother-in-law who has diabetes.

There are newer reviews for Avirate Cafe

Reviewed January 16, 2014

it is a good place to have some great fresh smoothie and sometimes coffee...but the service was not that good....

Avirate C, Manager at Avirate Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank You for the feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Even though it's a small place coffee was wonderful. Cant spend relax time out there due to a small place but it's good place to try different types of coffee.

Avirate C, Manager at Avirate Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank You for the feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This can work as a quieter change from the bigger commercial cafes around the block.
Coffee still not that great though. Then again it's hard to find a cafe in Colombo that uses fresh beans.
Highlight would be the macaroons and the yogurt soft serves. Friendly staff. They don't play loud music and the seating area is too small to attract cacophonous groups !

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have been there several times as it just opposite the pool where my son goes for swimming classes, but the place is so small, there's never any place to sit. Drinks are ok, but selection of food is vey poor. In March they were still pieces of Xmas cake, that clearly had been there since December!