“Rip off prices for crap service...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colombo
Serenediva Colombo Transit
Ranked #43 of 156 Specialty Lodging in Colombo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here for 12 hours during a long stayover in Colombo; I thought it would be less hassle than getting a visa and leaving the airport. In hindsight, I wish I'd got a visa...

It started to go downhill at the reservation stage, I had to play email ping-pong with the hotel to make a reservation. They kept asking me for information I had already given them.

On arrival, when I eventually found the hotel -- it's buried away on the second floor, which you can only reach from the elevators near passport control -- I was given a less-than-warm welcome by the surly receptionist, who looked confused and fumbled with bits of paper as he tried to find confirmation of my reservation. Eventually, after handing over US$100 for 12 hours, I was given a key card and pointed to a room about 10 feet from the reception desk, directly off the lobby. When I asked if I could have a room in a quieter area, I was told simply "no".

The room was spacious and reasonably appointed, but seemed like a converted office. It was not very clean and a previous guest's sweaty shirt was still hanging in the wardrobe. Some of the lights didn't work and the TV reception and channel selection were abysmal.

I went to sleep on the bed, which had only a thin top sheet with no duvet or bedspread. I woke up cold and hungry, so I ordered breakfast from the in-room dining menu. The telephone was answered by a woman I couldn't understand, when I asked her for breakfast she just kept saying "sorry". Eventually, a man came to the phone and understood that I wanted breakfast. Before asking what I wanted for breakfast he said "credit card or dollars?"... I informed him I would like to pay in dollars. About 15-20 mins later, my breakfast arrived and I duely handed over $10 for my $8.50 breakfast. The man told me he didn't have any change. I told him to try reception. He came back a few minutes later and handed me $1 note before stomping off.

In summary: avoid like the plague, stay in a proper hotel in Colombo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Tomosan

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for around 10 hours; paid fortune
equivalent to what I would have paid a TAJ hotel in Colombo (I just managed to save the transfer fare to the city & back)
Rooms nicely appointed
Service average
Food, strictly OK

Location is a big plus, as you have to go no where,
Boarding gate passage, take left, call elevator, the floor above is Serenediva

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManuTyagi
Reviewed December 24, 2012

as it is a transit hotel, couldnt expect anything better from them. small room, without much noice from the landing strip, nice place to take rest.

Nice Room Service, a little over priced for the time it is being allocated to us

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AravindhMohan
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is that it is just a couple of minutes walk from where you need to board your next flight. ( You need to wake up only an hour before boarding) The stay is basic but comfortable. A walk around and you could reach the duty frees easily. The Food Vouchers which the Hotel gives you is also Good. There are also many eating outlets within the Airport.

The downside is that you have nothing to do within the Airport than may be sleep for about 7 Hours walk around for about 1 hour .

The Srilankan Airways uses this as transit hotel. If your stay for transit is more than 10 Hours better stay in a Transit Hotel Outside the Airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TejIndia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's the best because it's the only transit hotel inside. I've stayed in here a couple of times before even though I wasn't 'in transit' (fyi, they'll ask for your boarding pass upon check in). Rooms are pretty much the same. All were large and spacious enough for the price they offered although design was pretty much simple. It can feel a bit empty but it doesn't really matter when you're desperate for some shut eye and a good shower. Bathroom is clean with amenities and bathtub is available to soak in after that long flight. Bed is well made although I'm not in the habit of checking if the sheets have been changed since turnover for transit hotels can be quick and I know about cutting corners in the hotel industry. Room service is available if you ever get the munchies in the middle of the night and they come from the catering kitchen that supplies Srilankan Airlines. Food is good enough but nothing to write home about.

For around 50 USD you get to stay here for 6 hours max which is not bad but if you're like me who sleeps like a log that time is usually not enough so sometimes you wake up groggy but nonetheless refreshed for that next flight... or not. =)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank drmcflurry
Reviewed September 23, 2012

SERENDIVA COLOMBO TRANSIT is located right in the Bandenaraike International airport on the second level. I have not made a reservation - this hotel has been given me by "Sri Lankan Airways" as a transit one for overnight on my returning way from Bangkok to Moscow . The company had just entered the Russian market and in order to gain favorable position on it provided passengers with some unusual services and goods in the sky (f.e. alcohol during the flight) and on the land (free transit hotel - I just mean Serenediva). I've spent there only one night and during that time I've not found serious reasons to complain about something. The room had an electric kettle to boil water for the tea and coffee. But you could not need it, because on arrival they've given to all guests a voucher for a breakfast (burger and juice in some of the cafes in the airport). You could even ask for to pack them in the container and take with you.
Inside the room everything also was not bad. Clean badclothes. New furniture. Spacious bathroom with equipment working properly.
Free Wi-Fi Internet at fast enough speeds.
In the morning they have wake me up several times and reminded about the necessity to go to check-in.
As I can judge you shoud book the hotel beforehand. Not all passengers of our flight could get rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank gentbrugg
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a comfortable stay during transit in this hotel. Complementary Tea/Coffe facility is provided in the room. Wi-Fi is available in the room. Collect the password for Wi Fi from the reception. For a six hour stay the hotel charges $ 55/- After a relaxing sleep, you can have a quick shower before boarding your next flight. Toiletries was limited to soap only. Clean towels were available. You can book the room in advance by sending a mail to serenediva@srilankancatering.com Overall a comfortable place for a short transit stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank RaghuNair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colombo
No photo provided
#2 of 16 in Katunayaka
Empyrean Hotel
Empyrean Hotel
#6 of 17 in Katunayake

Been to Serenediva Colombo Transit? Share your experiences!