“Nice sarongs!”
Review of Barefoot

Barefoot
Ranked #1 of 71 Shopping in Colombo
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want to buy souvenirs that are well designed, typically Sri Lankan and very pure, this is the place to be! You'll enjoy all the colors and the good price-quality ratio!

1  Thank travelingwithtw0kids
There are newer reviews for Barefoot

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ever on the lookout for interesting shops and diversions we had read about 'Barefoot' in a guide book. We determined to pay a visit to look at the ethnic fabrics and items on offer. Deposited by a tuk-tuk at the entrance, initially, we thought that it was closed. However, the door swung open and we found ourselves in a showroom filled to the brim with fabrics, prints and hand made fashion items. She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed shopped. We had heard that on Wednesday, the Cafe remained open for dinner, after which there was always a Quiz Night. We joined in enthusiastically with both with differing levels of success. The meal was delicious, the 'Lion' beautifully chilled but sadly, the quiz was, for us, a disaster. Admittedly we were a small team, initially two, but increased to three when we spotted a likely recruit sitting by herself.
Despite being trounced by a 'bijou' team of eighteen people, we left, heads held high. A really splendid afternoon / evening with good food and an entertaining, but humiliating, quiz result!
Go for it, but remember 'Only on a Wednesday'

2  Thank Sudarg
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I gave the Café a very negative review two years ago. But a very nice Englishman is now in charge and seems to have pulled out some stops and changed the menu. We just enjoyed a delicious milkshake, but would be happy to return again for a meal (which was absolutely not what we were saying 2 years ago!) The courtyard is still a very pretty setting and the shop, most particularly on the textile front, is enticing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Barefoot is a treasure trove of handcrafts. The service in the cafe is prompt and the food good. The jazz ensemble playing on Sunday afternoon was a bonus!

1  Thank Yclept14
Reviewed April 6, 2013

On our last day of our trip we went to barefoot before we went to the airport looking to buy something decent from Sri Lanka, barefoot did not disappoint. Beautiful quality and range of well made goods. The fabrics and toys were definitely the best, my wife got bags of stuff. The kitchen goods and cosmetics were also very good. The clothes I am always a bit dubious of, this goes for every country I have been to. Personally I won't buy clothes I wont wear, I still have a silk gown and Chinese style suit in my wardrobe from a trip about 12 years ago that have never seen the light of day! Cafe was a nice place to have a bite and a drink before we set off for the airport. Had my last taste of pork and beer for 3 months ( live in a dry country!)
Overall this was the best place we found in our trip shopping-wise, disappointed with the other shops and what they had to offer