“Hidden treasure”
Review of Barefoot

Barefoot
Ranked #3 of 81 Shopping in Colombo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Barefoot is a treasure trove of handcrafts. The service in the cafe is prompt and the food good. The jazz ensemble playing on Sunday afternoon was a bonus!

1  Thank Yclept14
"buy something"
"worth a visit"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed April 6, 2013

On our last day of our trip we went to barefoot before we went to the airport looking to buy something decent from Sri Lanka, barefoot did not disappoint. Beautiful quality and range of well made goods. The fabrics and toys were definitely the best, my wife got bags of stuff. The kitchen goods and cosmetics were also very good. The clothes I am always a bit dubious of, this goes for every country I have been to. Personally I won't buy clothes I wont wear, I still have a silk gown and Chinese style suit in my wardrobe from a trip about 12 years ago that have never seen the light of day! Cafe was a nice place to have a bite and a drink before we set off for the airport. Had my last taste of pork and beer for 3 months ( live in a dry country!)
Overall this was the best place we found in our trip shopping-wise, disappointed with the other shops and what they had to offer

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My friends took me here to buy souvenirs. It's always a challenge to find high quality local goods at a decent price. Barefoot had just what I was looking for. Take a look-I think you'll be delighted.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great place for us to visit as we wanted to buy a couple of wedding presents which would be a bit different, come from Sri Lanka and not too heavy.. All cotton materials - fabrics, home stuff, some clothes. This seems to be an upmarket Sri Lanka label. Lovely meeting place cafe set up out the back. We think it is worth a visit if you are in Colombo even if all you do is browse. Place is medium sized so less than a department store and more than a shop.