“Great Meal in Middle of Colombo”
Review of The London Grill

The London Grill
Ranked #19 of 621 Restaurants in Colombo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been travelling to Sri Lanka for many years on business. This was the first trip with my wife as well as being the first trip where I was going to see some of the island. I chase to stay at the Cinnamon Grand as a central point to start our trip.

I have stayed here before but have never used the London Grill. My mistake. This is a great place. Nice surroundings, quite intimate with good service and great food. I, along with a number of others on this site, chose a steak which, if you want good meat in Sri Lanka has to come from Australia.

It was well cooked, tender and very tasty. My wife chose an eastern dish which she was very pleased with.

The wine list is good although perhaps a little expensive - but you are in a big hotel in the middle of a big city.

Great place to start our tour of the island.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Cinnamon Grand Hotel for the second time and we chose to have dinner at The London Grill....again! We had a fabulous experience the first time and this time was as good.

Food is very good, service is impeccable, ambience is very cozy and the piano player was great as well.

Would recommend this to everyone that gets tired of rice and curry. We live in Moratuwa and find it difficult to buy decent groceries so this was a welcome change.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service here was not the best in te hotel but the experience was good. We arrived late, after 10pm and they weher happy to serve us. Although it is suposed to be the Lonodn Grill, it was not a top rate London UK Grill. I would eat in any of the other restaurants before chosing this one.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is not the place for adventurous eating but it is high quality in all respects. A very civilised last meal in Sri Lanka before an early start the next morning to fly back to UK.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time on Valentine's Day. It was absolutely fantastic. The service, the location, the menu.
I ordered Crab stuffed Ravioli for the appetizer and then a minced chicken stuffed with herbs over risotto for the main course. My husband ordered surf and turf (filet minion with king prawns). His was close to $35 while mine was more like $15. They were both amazing.

We have struggled to find good steak at restaurants here in Asia, but the size of the cut was generous and it was tender enough to cut with his fork. It was about 2 inches thick, and cooked to perfection. We asked before he ordered, and the waiter told us the beef is imported from Australia.

I also recommend the chocolate pie ( I can't remember the exact name... it is the first dessert on the menu). So much flavor for one little piece of pie. We will definitely be returning for more dinners to come!
Reservations were required on Valentine's Day, but I would imagine that they would be expected on most any day. The restaurant doesn't even open until 7:00, so the table you're seated at is yours for the night. If all the seats are "reserved" and you show up without a reservation, you will get turned away. We saw it happen to several couples.

1  Thank lankagabbard