“just alright”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Expected more from this restaurant but found the food and service just average. If you go there for dinner, avoid window seats because there's not much of a view. You'll only be treated to the beams of headlights parking outside the restaurant.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very sorry to report that since the last time we dined here, the quality of food has gone down, and the prices have gone through the roof! Sad, as this was really a very nice place to enjoy Italian a few months ago....

2  Thank SamAndSheena
supermamcolombo, Owner at Regina Margherita, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear guest,
I'm very sorry that you been disappointed at my place, actually since the end of march I'm personally cooking all the food , exempt the pizza, and most of my guests are sooooo happy about it.
On regard of the prices as you know the rs has lost several points compared to the Euro, and importing most of my staff from Italy I was obliged to increase the prices. As you probably know the electricity bills for business premises has been increased of 40 % so I m totally obliged in doing it. If you give me a chance pop again and ask about me, I will prepare an awesome dinner just for you.
Regards.
Barbara Avossa

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Some of the most authentic Italian food available in Colombo. The setting in the restaurant is very cool. Loved the Pizzas. Highly recommended (reservation required)

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I live 5 months of the year in London and about 5 months in Colombo and Regina Margherita is a favourite among our group, most of whom like me live a part of the year in Sri Lanka.

Its location is not in the busy part of town, but more a residential suburb. But its charm, hospitality and quality of food is unmatched in Sri Lanka.

Its decor is olde worlde Italian, with its own wood burning brick authentic pizza oven. The food is fabulous, with innovative dishes like the fantastic crab ravioli. The food can be ordered to your taste, as in extra spicy being my choice.

It has a good selection of wine. The ambiance and warm welcome is from "Barbara", the owner who is always around to welcome guests and add that personal charm, making suggestions and plenty of good humour.

Barbara is an Italian lawyer, the daughter of an Italian General, who has settled in Sri Lanka. The restaurant is her passion and it shows and has the quality and detail expected of a General's daughter.

The prices are competitive and in fact much cheaper than the only other Italian restaurant worth mentioning, which is Echo. It is one of the many restaurants of the sprawling Cinnamon Grand hotel. The food at Echo is equally good, but it is very modern and does not have the Italian charm, character and the personality of Regina Margherita.

This is one I would expect to find in a London High Street, to European standards, with lots of personality.

1  Thank dushyr
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Pricey and not really the best Italian there is but seems to be popular among the Colombo crowd

supermamcolombo, Owner at Regina Margherita, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Good evening,
This is Barbara who runs and owns Regina Margherita; I'm Italian and serving Italian food I must import most of the items by airfreight in refrigerated containers from Italy, which is quite expensive, as you can imagine, that's why my prices are a bit higher . We don't compromise on quality of food and most of the time I cook by myself that's why we are quite popular between Colombo crowd. I love them and they love me!!!!!!
Next time if you wish to came again ask about me and I will cook it for you, you won't regret it!!!!!
Thanks. Barbara