“Wonderful Tour for a great price!”
Review of Sammy Tours

Sammy Tours
Ranked #13 of 214 Outdoor Activities in Colombo
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello! My name is Sammy and I've been running personalised tours around Sri Lanka for many years. Sammy Whether you require a half day visit to a city for one person, or week long itinerary for up to 16 people. I can organise everything for you at prices more competitive than travellers can achieve themselves. Travel is in my air-conditioned car or mini-bus and all prices quoted include all entrance fees and guides, use of my vehicle, driver and fuel. Please browse my website and contact me before you arrive to be sure of my availability and to plan a personal tour covering all the sites you want to see, not what your travel agent wants to show you. I am very flexible, so if you would like to stop for photos, just ask me!
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Sammy set up a great tour for us and a great price. I think he is able to do this for any budget, but our budget wasn’t that high. But still We loved all our hotels, each of them had beautiful views, and wonderful staff that treated us so well. We had a once in a life time experience there. Throughout the trip Sammy checked in with our driver to make sure everything was going well. Our Van also was very comfortable, and we had Ajith as our driver. We just LOVED him. He was so thoughtful and had great attention to detail and made sure we had all we needed and more!. He cleaned the van every day so that our windows were clean and fresh for sightseeing and pictures. The only thing I would have done different ( tough I don’t know how we could have with the time) is to not do Sigiriya climb and the Pidurangala climb on the same day.
ONE NOTE: I would BEWARE of buying anything from any of the places (ESPECIALLY non Costume JEWELRY), unless you know what you are doing. They don’t have the same standard in Sri Lanka and they hike up the prices so much, that you end up getting low quality items for very high price.

Date of experience: October 2018

"private tour"
in 10 reviews
"people carrier"

Reviewed September 27, 2018

I think that in our trip to Srilanka this year, the major element that made it so enjoyble was our lovely guide and host, Mr. Ajith Kumara. Besides him being an excellent driver and a very good English speaker, he adapted rapidly and met all our requests (and they were numerous). He also improvized for us programs and stops not on the schedule, either to buy boiled corn, or to see varans at the edge of the road, or to see a different temple or tribe, and at all times with a smile or a laugh. It seems that in Srilanka you can't get bored and the country is pecked with things to do or see, so its really a very nice experience!

Date of experience: September 2018
SammyTours33, Owner at Sammy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We contacted Sammy with a list of places we wanted to visit in Sri Lanka about a year ago. He instantly replied with a full two week itinerary and additional places he recommended! He asked us the standard of accommodation we wanted to pay for and if there was anything we wanted to change until we were 100% happy with our itinerary!
We booked for September - the weather was hot, dry and sunny the entire trip and it was low season so no where we went was over crowded with tourists!
Nothing is to much to ask for! You pay on arrival when you meet your tour guide at the airport - which worked out perfectly! Chinthaka was our guide - highly recommend you ask for him.
Chinthaka was lovely, informative about everything, on time, adaptable and did everything he could to make sure we had a perfect holiday! He made sure our accommodation was always perfect for us and upgraded us where necessary! He knew everything there was to know about Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka’s history! We even managed to teach him afew card games as we asked him to join us after dinner each night!
We stopped at fruit stalls, silk/wood makers, a gem factory and many bakeries to break journeys down! We could adapt and change anything as we wished including what time we got up in the morning and never felt rushed - even when stopping for the millionth photo!
We went to elephant orphanages,tea plantations, botanical gardens, yala national park, reserves, temples, sygeria rock, the coast and many more places!
Sammy invited us for dinner on the last night of our holiday at his home - a wonderful end!
We can’t thank Sammy or Chintaka enough for an amazing trip. Thank you!!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We are a group of 11 friends and we just returned from the beautiful Sri Lanka. It is our second holiday organized with Sammy Tours and we are very happy with their services. We booked the trip one year in advance and we insisted to have again as driver, Mr. Ajith Kumara. We know him from our first visit in Sri Lanka and due to him, both our holidays were just perfect! Ajith is very well organized, always in time, he knows the roads and all the places, he speaks English, he takes care of his customers, he is polite, modest, he has the sense of humor and he is always smiling :) We are lucky that we found Sammy and Ajith and we highly recommend them!

Date of experience: September 2018

Hi Madam, hope you are doing well. Thank you for the review.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend Sammy’s tours. After searching online for awhile I decided to contact Sammy with some destinations in mind. He very promptly emailed me back with a possible itinerary and also asked what I would like to change. I was very impressed with it and after researching the hotels we decided to change the hotel in Nuwaraeliya and add some other areas to sightsee. Sammy got straight back to me and it wasn’t a problem to change. We arrived after midnight so we were a bit worried if we would get picked up but a driver was sitting there waiting. Kasun was our driver for the tour and he was friendly, attentive and patient. We often tested his patience with wanting to stop and take photos and his response was that it was our holiday and he wanted us to enjoy it. We stopped at roadside stalls to buy fruit and ice creams, this was never a problem. We wanted to buy a drum for our son and Kasun helped us find a place to buy one. It took me a long time to get back to Sri Lanka and we experienced and saw so much because the tour was flexible and tailored to our needs.