“Great food poor service!”
Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Ranked #16 of 621 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Thai cuisine combines the best of gastronomic exoticism and culinary pleasure and the best place in which to indulge in it is at the Royal Thai. Overlooking a paved terrace, Royal Thai delights guests with authentic Thai food prepared by Thai master chefs, in a peaceful and serene ambience. The restaurant also has an elegantly furnished private dining room, which could be reserved for private gatherings. Voted Best Thai Restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had booked a table for a party of 6 for dinner. We were told whilst booking That should the tables inside become available, we would be moved to the air conditioned area. I arrived shortly after the rest of my party had arrived ans noticed they were seated outside even though half of the restaurant was empty.
As my guests had already made themselves comfortable we sat down to eat.
The breakdown of timings are below:
8.30pm arrival
9.15pm waiter decides to take drink orders (45 minutes in the heat not very pleasant)
9.45pm the drinks get to the table.
10.10pm the waiter comes back to take orders for starters
10.40pm waiter returns to tell us the kitchen is closing in 10 minutes and that we should order the mains and desserts now or we wouldn't get any.
(No food had reached the table by now)
11pm all of the food arrives together.

11.20pm the waiter brings the bill without us even having eaten half of the mains.

The food by all means was excellent. The portion size was enormous and a lot was left over as a single dish could have fed 3 people easily.
The plates and cutlery on the table were dirty and clearly not washed properly.
If it wasn't for my company that evening I would have told them my opinion of their poor poor service there and then.

4  Thank vit1983

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had the stir fried pork with peanuts and mushrooms very nice taste but the pork was a bit tough.
The crab in yellow paste was very nice.
The service could not be faulted.

1  Thank TIFFYBrisbane
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I took a party of 11 and the food was great and the price was good thank god I made reservations the place was packed considering that it was a Tuesday. The menu was creative would have like more Thai in the ambiance. If you have a crowd it's better to request the elevated table.

1  Thank Rome_peter
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wow..first of all i should say that this is the best thai restaurant ive ever been in Sri Lanka..
And the food was excellent and delicious !!! I have never enjoyed a dish like that in my life...ill say that food so you also could taste it !!!
Chu Chi Gung!!

1  Thank merliaroxel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited this place with one of the official buyers and enjoyed the food very much. The place is well packed and tough getting a table without a reservation. Upmarket and expensive but the food is excellent and the best Thai food I have had in Sri Lanka. The staff is efficient and quick. The food is well prepared and presented in attractive presentations. Recommend this place highly.

2  Thank Treshi