“5 Star Food 3 Star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Ranked #25 of 556 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thai cuisine combines the best of gastronomic exoticism and culinary pleasure and the best place in which to indulge in it is at the Royal Thai. Overlooking a paved terrace, Royal Thai delights guests with authentic Thai food prepared by Thai master chefs, in a peaceful and serene ambience. The restaurant also has an elegantly furnished private dining room, which could be reserved for private gatherings. Voted Best Thai Restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
London, United Kingdom
“5 Star Food 3 Star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited Royal Thai after seeing wonderful reviews. The place is clean, and everyone was nice and polite. Luckily we had a reservation or else we wouldn't have got in. So highly recommend to make a reservation. The place gets busy during the weekend.

We ordered drinks and a starter. Our drinks arrived without any delays, but the starter wasn't served, we tried to get staff's attention but they seems to be busy. Shortly afterwards the dinner was served, so i inquired the staff member about my starter. He seems to have forgotten my order, he politely apologized and asked if he should bring it now at which point the dinner is already on the table i told him i rather have my meal while its warm, and i don't need the starter anymore. I must say the food was excellent, we very much enjoyed. The chicken red curry and the prawn in a chilli sauce (don't remember the exact name) was fabulous, to die for. One of the best authentic Thai food i have had. The indoor atmosphere wasn't too bad, They did have some outdoor sitting as well.

Unfortunately after our meals and dessert we had to wait almost half hour for the bill. Wasn't too happy that i had to wait this long to pay. I had to ask two staff members before i got my bill. In a hotel like this i would expect the staff to be more efficient and prompt. No body seems to be interested in asking how our experience or the service was.

Will highly recommend this place, wish the management would pay some attention to get the staff trained in customer service, and to be more attentive.

Will be back for the food.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank moraes_tn

• Indonesian first
“"The Best"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I Visited Royal Thai few days back with my fiancee.. it was a great pleasure to dine with royal thai.
It was a quite a busy day at royal thai. no matter how busy was the place the staff were very attentive. as we had couple of drinks food arrived without any delays.. And the food was delicious i must say.. thai mama is doing a great job out there.. it is plesure visiting royal thai over and over again with any hesitation. I would love to visit royal thai again.. Thank you royal thai

4 Thank Marlon P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great taste and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have been dining at Royal Thai on several occasions and have been very satisfied with the food quality and service. The Chef almost always comes by and enquires about the food and if we are enjoying it.

1 Thank Marini901
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“So busy, they don't need any more business!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Having seen and heard all the glowing reviews of this place, and having not visited it in about four years (usually I walk straight past into Long Feng which is a personal favourite of mine), we decided to give Royal Thai a try. As the first step, I called the hotel (Cinnamon Lakeside) to place a reservation. The operator quickly transferred me to the Royal Thai to make said reservation. The conversation between the restaurant and I went as follows:

Me: "Hello, I would like to book a table for 3pax, at 7.30pm tonight"
Restaurant Staff Member (female, no name given): "Sorry we are fully booked tonight. Thank You. Bye". Phone kept.

There was no inquiry as to whether I would like an alternate time that evening, or would like to book for the next day - options I would have readily agreed to. The whole impression was one of arrogance - "we have customers, we don't want anymore".

As mentioned above, I usually walk past this place and straight to Long Feng. I think I will continue that trend - as long as that same nameless staff member doesn't get transferred there!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank awLKA
Sydney, Australia
“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The food, service, value for money and atmosphere is perfect! I was highly disappointed to find all restaurants in Sri Lanka that claim to be Thai are far from it or more Chinese. This restaurant is the only one in Sri Lanka that I have come across that serves excellent Thai food that actually tastes and smells like Thai.

Highly recommend it and will definitely be going much more.

2 Thank Nethalie P