“An average Thai Restaurant with poor service.”
Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Ranked #22 of 578 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Thai cuisine combines the best of gastronomic exoticism and culinary pleasure and the best place in which to indulge in it is at the Royal Thai. Overlooking a paved terrace, Royal Thai delights guests with authentic Thai food prepared by Thai master chefs, in a peaceful and serene ambience. The restaurant also has an elegantly furnished private dining room, which could be reserved for private gatherings. Voted Best Thai Restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“An average Thai Restaurant with poor service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Thai restaurant was good especially for Tom Yum Soup, but the Chinese restaurant was better in terms of quality and service. I booked for lunch immediately after check in and went to the Thai restaurant at 2.15 as they close at 2.30. But for my dismay, the Thai cook left early and they denied our entry. I controlled my anger even though I was hungry and I know that they did a serious mistake, not good for a hotel of similar standard.

Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
Zutphen, The Netherlands
“Very good although a little chaotic sometimes”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've stayed in the Cinnamon Lakeside a few times now and I always try to visit the Royal Thai at least once. Since I'm almost always alone I never had any bad experience because I did not make a reservation. The food is excellent. I'm a vegetarian and there's enough to choose from, even for me. If there is anything to be criticised it would be the somewhat chaotic staff. But, this is quite common in Asia I think.

Would I recommend the Royal Thai: Yes, definitely.
What did I enjoy most: Wok fried egg noodles and Kankung in a garlic gravy (I would describe it as a spinach but not as soft, it has a good bite)

• Visited August 2012
Colombo
“Best Thai food in Colombo”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Housed in five star hotel 'Cinnamon Lakeside' Royal Thai always delivers great food. Their food has always been very tasty and is the only place you could find authentic Thai food in Colombo. The service is attentive, its best to make reservations on weekends.

Visited January 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“decent thai”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

oversalted food (as is the case in lanka everywhere) but they have the basics right. fish tends to be double/triple fried which is probably criminal given how fresh fish in colombo usually is. decor is pleasant with a makeshift shish tent outside catering to gulfies on their austerity driven holidays.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Standard Sri Lankan buffet”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had the buffet dinner which was standard Sri Lankan cuisine with a variety of hoppers, rice, fish, crabs, mutton and chicken curries and some vegetarian options. The spread was quite large with good choice, but the food was not great and some items were quite stale.

Visited February 2012