Tripadvisor
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews beautiful country asanka accommodation holiday guide
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Best tour guide ever. Asanka is worth more than 5 stars, he organised everything, all accommodation excellent, all tours excellent, Asanka very accommodating & friendly. Nothing too much for him. Thankyou Asanka

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed November 16, 2019

Went to Sri Lanka last year for Christmas and New year's. Got a recommendation from a friend of Asanka. He is the most genuine guide, went out of his way to make our holiday the best. Great knowledge and took pride of his Country. We were lucky to spot a Leopard on our safari trip and also saw lots of elephants along the way!!. It was such a highlight. Very safe driver and would highly recommend his company

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2019

Having been recommended to us by friends, we made contact with Asanka in Sep 2015 about a potential trip in Nov of the same year. We were not to be disappointed!

Asanka planned our guided trip (incl. all transfers & accommodation) following brief e-mail conversations about what we would like/expect. The only thing we had to organise was our flights. Asanka met us at the airport & we did not have to worry about anything else for the remainder of our trip!

We took in the following destinations during our two week visit:

Negombo
Anuradhapura (Ancient City)
Sigiriya (Rock Fortress & Elephant Safari)
Pollonnaruwa (Ancient City)
Kandy (Dambula Cave, Temple of the Tooth, City Tour)
Nuwara-Eliya (Hortons Plains, Tea Plantations)
Ella (Train ride from Nuwara-Eliya, Nine Arch Bridge ,Little Adam's Peak)
Yala (Safari, Dondra Light House)
Mirissa (Galle Dutch Fort, Beach & Surfing)

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip & would highly recommend both the destination & Asanka.

It is a beautiful country & the people are extremely friendly & welcoming. The food is exceptional & all of the accommodation chosen for us was ideal (Incl. our Treehouse in the Rainforest).

Asanka is extremely knowledgeable & has fantastic communication skills. I would struggle to find any fault in the itinerary he laid on for us.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2019

This was our third trip with Asanka - this time we toured the north of Sri Lanka. Once again we highly recommend him as a driver and guide. We worked out our itinerary with him but then went off the beaten track to explore further - he was receptive to any requests we made. There was alot of security everywhere after the Easter attacks and at no stage did we feel unsafe.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 30, 2019

I was lucky enough to have found Asanka of Knows Lanka Tours through a fellow Trip Advisor traveller. I cannot express how grateful I was to find a tour guide who has deep knowledge of his country and understands when to give you space and when to engage with his clients.
I only had a very rough idea of what I wanted to see in a week and since there are many attractions in Sri Lanka I knew I'd need to choose. I asked Asanka for his advice once I obtained his email address and he laid out a tour that was action packed but not rushed. He was always on time for pick ups and his advice on where to stay was invaluable.
Asanka arrived in a spotlessly clean, air conditioned vehicle and showed us on a map where we would be going. Our days were well planned and the pace was just right for example seeing spectacular archeological ruins early in the morning to beat the crowds and heat and having time to rest and swim in the pool once back at the hotel. It's a balancing act and one Asanka does extremely well.
I cannot recommend him highly enough for his humour, kindness, consideration and knowledge, excellent English along with careful and considerate driving. His thoughtfulness in obtaining train tickets for the Ella train ride was above and beyond considering I had forgotten to buy them!
When I return to Sri Lanka as I surely will I will engage Asanka again to help plan seeing the wildlife and other parts of Sri Lanka I am yet to explore. It is a colourful, beautiful country with polite and friendly locals, delicious food and fresh fruit and vegetables.
Unforgettable visit!!!