“Good Italian”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Good Italian”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This restaurant which is attached to...well, almost, to Cinnamon Grand Hotel, has excellent Italian...however, I feel it's a bit pricey and can be 'fussy'. I've gone a couple of times for lunch and more times than not, I have to take the buffet which I'm never overly excited about.

Visited February 2014

Kuala Lumpur
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A nice centrally located spot for good Italian food in quiet sophisticated surroundings. Enjoyed a nice dinner there for 2. I had the fish main course with 2 varieties of fish, good portions, fresh, well cooked and presented, I could not really fault it. My wife had the home made ravioli, again a tasty, authentic and satisfying dish. Alas we could not enjoy wine with our meal, however not the fault of the restaurant but rather the government. I understand that on certain days no wine is served, full moons, Easter, etc?!?! I don't know about their pizzas and other Italian cheapo dishes here, but for quality Italian cuisine I would recommend Echo, not cheap, but definitely good.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited recently, enjoyed a lovely buffet, with a variety of flavours and textures, improves by far from my last visit.

1 Thank David T
Shanghai, China
“Blah”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Appetizer - octopus carpaccio. One of the worst things I've eaten. It was ice cold, waterlogged and flavorless. The few leaves of lettuce and julienned bell pepper had a nice lemon vinaigrette. Why not the octopus?

main course grilled red snapper. A bit overcooked. To be fair Sri Lankans tend to overcook their fish. But at this kind of restaurant one would think they could get that right.

The service is not bad and friendly. But for crying out loud get a cheese grater that works or learn how to use it if you are going to do it tableside.

Didn't order the pizza but people next to us did. It looks very mediocre to be generous.

the music is good though.

• Visited April 2014
“Average food and service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We opted for the buffet lunch. Food was cold. Very less options for vegetarians. Staff also not very attentive. Overall nothing great about it as heard.

Visited April 2014