“Real Italian food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Real Italian food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Real Italian food, real Italian chef, in a real Italian atmosphere. Probably the only real Italian restaurant in the entire Colombo. If you like Italian food, you can't miss it.
Dav

• Visited October 2013

Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Finally Italian food in Colombo”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, a la carte menu with real italian style and the lunch buffet is perfect for business meetings.

I'm an italian living in Colombo and i go there whenever I want to eat italian.

Good quality / price as well, not crazy expensive like other restaurants in Colombo.

Visited October 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Absolutely faultless.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went to Echo whilst staying in the Cinnamon Grand recently and are so glad we did. Everything was great, the ambiance, the excellent service and most important of all, the food.
When the waiter heard us discussing swapping/sharing our starters she immediately volunteered to split the dishes in half and brought them separately. The roasted musroom soup was devine and the house salad, which was like a deconstructed Nicoise, was excellent. Both my husband and I had different types of ravioli, both were excellent. I asked the waitress if there was a lot of the tomato sauce because I don't like it on the dry side, she brought me not only ravioli smothered in delicious tomato sauce,but a side serving of extra sauce as well. I had sent my compliments back to the kitchen about the roast mushroom soup and the Italian chef came out to our table later in the meal - always appreciated and a sign of a great restaurant. Although this is rated lower down the pecking order by Tripadvisor, we also ate in Chutneys in the same hotel and although that was good, I thought Echo outshone it on all fronts. I wish we had had time for the fantastic sounding buffet lunch but our early flight didn't make it possible.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney
“Never Dissappointing”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This evenining is the 3rd time lucky for this brilliant little restaurant. Atmosphere, food and service are always at the best level. Chef is always interested in what you have to say. Standard meals are not only good quality tasty and sufficient quantities and taste great. I have tried the slow roasted lamb shanks, medallion and several of the pastas. In addtion to the best gelato in town.
Good job chef , keep it up.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had dinner at Echo with friends last night, lovely place, service is great, staff are friendly and polite. The food and drinks are excellent. customer service is really good and Echo is a great place to have a super Italian meal.

• Visited September 2013