Tripadvisor

The Sizzle
Ranked #89 of 867 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sizzlers are a recent 'inno-vention' that consists of an entire meal being served on a cast iron platter, which is in turn placed on a wooden base and served sizzling to your table. Sizzlers probably originated a few centuries ago when meat was served on a heated cast iron plate to keep it piping hot, while the diner ate his meal. Today, however, they have become a cuisine of sorts by themselves as many specialty restaurants serve only Sizzlers on their menu. A sizzler is a combination of a main dish served with a choice of sauces and a large variety of accompaniments, making it a complete meal by itself! "The SIZZLE" presents a new line of cuisine to the local palette with great authentic Halal recipes presented in a creative manner, resulting in innovative recipes, delectable combinations, bathed in herbs, eastern flavors - a sense of fusion in taste with a tantalizing aroma. Platters of mouthwatering meats, seafood and veggie delights served sizzling to your table.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After long time I visited and they still maintain their high quality & delicious food, amazing, keep it up

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (606)

Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

Sizzlers with a perfectly balanced taste and a right portion size. There veg patty is as good as it gets. Staff also makes you feel comfortable with things like balloons or coloring for kids. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

Went with a friend on her recommendation . must say it gets crowded at night. food is of very good quality though and a bit high priced. Not the place if you want a quiet chat , but good for a quick tasty meal.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

We went for lunch and I ordered the Mohammad Ali chicken breast with garlic sauce, the starter size, which had a good sized piece of chicken, caramelized onions and lots of fries. Excellent meal and the size was perfect for me. I asked for some extra sauces as well and the orange colour chilli sauce was extremely delicious, and went well with the garlic sauce. Overall a very satisfying and tasty meal.

However I ordered a strawberry iced tea and it came with no strawberry flavouring. I asked for more flavouring and then 5 minutes later they came back saying they have no strawberry flavouring so would I like to have peach iced tea instead. I said sure and they took a very long time to bring my iced tea. I had only two bites of my chicken left when my peach iced tea arrived.
My brother asked for tomato ketchup and they brought him some kind of chilli ketchup. When we told them we want tomato ketchup and not this sauce they said no sir this is tomato ketchup. We said no its not and then they brought us proper tomato ketchup 5 minutes later. I don't understand why they didn't bring proper ketchup the first time.
When we were done they offered us two free desserts and we went for the sizzling brownie with ice cream. The brownie was completely burnt and disgusting. They replaced the brownies for us and they were excellent. However serving burnt brownies is not acceptable at all. What a shame.

Overall the food was amazing. But the service needs to improve. I would give 5 stars because the food was truly incredible but they definitely need to improve service. Having said that I would definitely recommend to everyone in search of halal steaks and would come here again.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2019

Really good vibe and a unique experience
Staff was cheerful and efficient
Highly recommend it for foodies.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Vidura S
tamalean, Owner at The Sizzle, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2019

Thank you very much for your review, four star rating and the compliments. Highly recommended sounds very very good to us. We are thrilled. We appreciate it very much. Regards. Tushar Amalean, Owner of The Sizzle