“Excellent crab & seafood selection”
Review of Curry Leaf

Curry Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
Curry Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 653 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Richly decorated, this romantic Colombo restaurant offers guests an authentic Sri Lankan experience with a wide selection of local cuisine. Hand pick your dinner from the exquisite seafood market and have it prepared exactly to your liking as you relax in the landscaped gardens by a Lotus pond or in the thatched dining area at this popular Colombo restaurant.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent selection of fresh seafood which you can hand-pick and have cooked the way you like. We really enjoyed the steamed crab and fried fish. The staff with very friendly and attentive (some times a little too attentive!). There were separate stalls set-up with local delicacies (roti, kotthu and hoppers). A nice introduction to Sri Lankan cuisine! Drinks not included in buffet price.

3  Thank Jon_Lily

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The restaurant had a wide variety of dishes in its buffet dinner service. The waiters were smiling and are pleased to indulge you. A group of 3 people sing to you old srilankan songs. The restaurant has a wide variety of fish which can be cooked according to your liking.

2  Thank anandiyer
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Here you can have fresh fish which you pick out yourself cooked exactly the way you like it! There is also a good buffet with a range of curries and side dishes. It's outside and has a lovely feel to it especially if it is raining! Staff were friendly and helpful especially when I asked for no garlic, no spices no nothing on my fish!! Nice dessert range too. I only visited once during my stay but would happily go again!

1  Thank Holly B
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Surprised to hear about the unlucky honeymoon couple. Their general hygiene standards are very good. It's actually the safest place to try out the "street dishes" of Sri Lanka
If you're a local, try out the chilli crabs at the seafood counter.
If you're a visitor, try out all the local dishes, especially the streetfood counters.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I ate here on our last night in Sri Lanka (honeymoon), based on the reviews that we had read online. It started out well... the location was nice, there were many food options (including seafood), and although it was a buffet, it seemed nice enough. That was, until a few hours later, when I became violently ill during our flight to Singapore - it was the most horrendous flight experience I have ever endured!! My husband followed suit a couple of hours later - food poisoning! We had just spent over two weeks travelling Sri Lanka, and we got food poisoning on our last night from a restaurant managed by The Hilton - talk about disappointing!! I have also sent The Hilton an email directly, and am yet to hear a response... there are much better places to dine in Colombo, I recommend that you avoid this one.

1  Thank Kate B