“Over priced and nothing special.”
Review of Nihonbashi

Nihonbashi
Ranked #67 of 571 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Over priced and nothing special.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have been to all the Nihonbashi in Colombo several times ,because my Chinese friend likes Japanese food. The food`s quality is not bad,, but does it worth that much money?
I stayed with a couple =so total 3 persons and we ate very little and only 1 beer each.
Cost us 140$!!! and it way ok for my friends because they new the price.
But,,, what made them surprise more was 25$ tax! ( may be service fee included ,I dont know,,I dont care anyway.)
So be careful ! If you want to through money for nothing ,it is better give the money to the beggars out side.(there are many in Colombo). Caz they appreciate it at least. but This stupid Government would never say thank you to you.
Remember
In this City(Colomo), if you ate in a local restaurant ,you can have tasty curry with big rice only for 1$.
And it is real (I wonder they pay 25% tax out of 1$(^^)?) food!
And now you are thinking about spending 100$(for one person no alcol at least 35$) for a fake Japanese food? Get out of here.

talking about fish.
you can buy good flesh fish cheap in Colombo.
I wonder why these restaurant targeting such a high price. Cheap labour cheap fish cheap construction, and even more expensive than TOKYO(u know japanese capital )

• Visited May 2012

• Korean first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Unmissable”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

There is a special Wagyu burger that needs an advance order and is to die for.
The private dining rooms are great for a small group or intimate dinner

Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Galle Face Nihonbashi need to straighten up”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After having had one of my most memorable experiences at the Nihonbashi at JAIC Hilton last year(regretfully in the process of being redecorated), we had reserved at the Galle Face Terrace, - presumably the best sushi restaurant in town according to the main provider of tuna meat in Sri Lanka.

The interior is well thought through, and the service impeccable. The food is delcately presented, and the quality of the food very good.

On the negative side we had a teriyaki which reminded us little of the original. The price level is far too high for what one may get at alternative restaurants, and the final stint which tells you that this is high quality sushi is missing. We will wait for the JAIC Hilton to return, and hope that they keep up their standard from the past.

• Visited January 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“No Tuna, No Crab”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to both Nihonbashis in Colombo. (Odel and Headoffice)
Recently ive seen a bit of a drop in the service.
The odel branch is not stocked well.
The head office private rooms are not maintained well.
The food is still great though when they have it in stock but they need to make sure they maintain the restaurants well.

Their prices also are not that cheap either.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Amrithds
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Tuna and a Miso Bath to boot!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

20th Dec 2012 - Server Rajitha. We are regulars at Dharshana's other restaurants. We were told that they were out of Tuna after we made a reservation and arrived for dinner :( The service was atrocious. My wife's tempura was soggy and cold. The delay between dishes unacceptably long. To cap it all the waiter brought me the wrong dish and proceeded to drop the cup of hot miso soup on my lap. My iPhone was floating in soup but still worked - thank god. The manager could only offer an apology in response. Very disappointing.

1 Thank Lavide