Ramada Islamabad(Islamabad)
Ahmed Cottage(Islamabad)
$32
$24
$32
All reviewsthai restaurantpool sidemargalla hillsthe executive loungesafe hoteloutdoor poolprime ministerfive starwonderful serviceplace to staybeautiful citycoffee shoppleasant stayseveral yearschoice of restaurantsgovernment officesroom service
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

The first day i was here i charged the bill of the dinner on my room. The system had problems so around 11pm, when i was already sleeping, the guy from the reception kept calling me in my room to pay it. He was so insistent that i had to wake up, wear my clothes and go down to pay like a thieft. Cannot wait the day after in 1 month of reservation? Expecially if it is not my fault?

The personnel in the floor is gentle but quite insistent. If u forget to push the "don't disturb" light they keep ringing the bell to enter even if u scream u are under the shower.

The restaurants are quite good but really incredible expensive compared to the quality. We are not in a suite in las vegas. Anyway the only impressive one is the chinese "Dinasty". Very good.
Very often i have to ask 2 or 3 times the same thing (a cola for example) because the guy just reply "yes" and forget 3 seconds later.

The Wi-fi is really bad. Every day i call to fix it and they reply to stay near the door (whaaat?? ) or that they are upgrating the service. If it is real now should works at 200mb/s. I even ask to have the router in my room but everytime i get a refuse and they fix the problem just temporary untill the day after, when i have to call again.

I needed the doctor and i must say that he is very good and professional.

The gym, sauna and the swimming pool are ok. I didnt try massages so i cannot comment about it.

The room: the bed is very comfortable. The air conditioner works only at 19 degrees Celsius. The room in general looks old and very very dark with all the lights on.

When u enter the hall i must say that the hotel looks fantastic, but staying here 1 month is not really what i expected in the begin.

The security service looks well equipped and provvided with enought guards.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
IMHFeedBack, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Respected Sir ,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

I am writing to you regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feedback and it holds the utmost value for us. I would like to apologize for the service shortfalls that you encountered during your stay, as these are not the service standards we set for ourselves here at Marriott Islamabad. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we are able to provide to our guests and when their expectations are not met, we have failed in our primary endeavour.

I have highlighted your concerns to the concerned department and once again, every kind of feedback from our guests is important as it enables us to work towards improving the quality of our services. I really appreciate you taking the time to bring up to our attention the challenges you have encountered. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Islamabad. We value very much your feedback and sincerely hope that you have not lost completely your trust in our services and that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true spirit of hospitality.

If I could be of any assistance in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sajid Mehmood
Assistant Front Office Manager
Marriott Islamabad
sajid.mehmood@marriottislamabad.com

Reviewed August 28, 2017

This was the first time i stayed at Marriott Islamabad because Serena Hotel in Islamabad was fully booked. It was a last minute plan and luckily we got a room in Marriott. The check in took quiet a while, there were always long queues at the reception so even if i wanted to ask something or talk to somebody i had to wait more than 30 mins. The property is a little out dated, rooms need improvement and please build a bigger swimming pool. Although i would have to say that the bathrooms were super clean and room service were very quick and accommodated to all our requests. The restaurants are good and over all it is a good hotel but i didn't feel as if i was in a 5 star property.

The entrance is quiet weird as you literally get off on the main road and walk in but i think thats due to the bombings in 2008.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

It's well maintained, has excellent choice of restaurants, security is very good and rooms are fine. Security is important for those who may be a target because of skin color. This is as good a you can realistically expect.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
IMHFeedBack, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear Mr Parky ,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I appreciate that you took the time to write the things you enjoyed the most, as well as the areas we need to improve on.

Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

With my best personal regards,

Sajid Mehmood
Assistant Front Office Manager
sajid.mehmood@marriottislamabad.com
051-2826121

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Its almost 20 years since I last stayed in this hotel and in the intervening period they suffered from a horrific bomb blast in 2008. They have since recovered well although now the security is a little overwhelming when you first arrive - until you get used to it.

Pros:

1) Very friendly staff.
2) Good restaurants in the hotel premises - the steak restaurant is outstanding.
3) Good security throughout although a little overwhelming.

Cons:

1) Breakfast at the weekends is like a zoo - particularly from 09.30 to 10.30 am. A couple of times I have had to skip breakfast altogether, or else I was going to be late for work. Another time they kindly put me in the Business Centre and served me breakfast there but this depends on who is on duty - they don't always do that.

2) Having stayed in this hotel for almost 3 months I am STILL having to ask the staff for coffee WITH milk at breakfast. I appreciate that I'm not the only long-term guest but whilst they seem to be able to remember my name they always ask me how I take my coffee and always seem genuinely surprised when I ask for it with milk.

3) Don't be surprised if you are shown to a vacant table but once you have been to collect your buffet style breakfast someone else is sitting there by the time you get back. There was even one time when I was being shown to a table by the waitress only to have someone literally push in front of me to get to the table first, much to my (and the waitress's) embarrassment. That was one of the days that I decided to skip breakfast.

4) I tried to change my room to a smoking room when I first arrived and was told that there wasn't one available even though there are smoking rooms on the 1st and 3rd floors. 2 months later I received a letter from the Duty Manager to say that I could move rooms but when my secretary called they were suddenly fully booked. Eventually after 3 months they sent me a letter to say that I HAD to move rooms for maintenance reasons. They finally moved me to....another "non-smoking" room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham B
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Good place for family. I really enjoyed the time when ever I visited here and environment is also good and also enjoyed great food and location also sounds amazing easy to reach centre of the city. You can easily go there and enjoy.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family