All reviewsthai restaurantmargalla hillspool sidethe executive loungesafe hoteloutdoor poolwonderful serviceprime ministerfive starplace to staycoffee shoppleasant stayseveral yearschoice of restaurantsgovernment officesroom servicebusiness trip
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Its almost 20 years since I last stayed in this hotel and in the intervening period they suffered from a horrific bomb blast in 2008. They have since recovered well although now the security is a little overwhelming when you first arrive - until you get used to it.

Pros:

1) Very friendly staff.
2) Good restaurants in the hotel premises - the steak restaurant is outstanding.
3) Good security throughout although a little overwhelming.

Cons:

1) Breakfast at the weekends is like a zoo - particularly from 09.30 to 10.30 am. A couple of times I have had to skip breakfast altogether, or else I was going to be late for work. Another time they kindly put me in the Business Centre and served me breakfast there but this depends on who is on duty - they don't always do that.

2) Having stayed in this hotel for almost 3 months I am STILL having to ask the staff for coffee WITH milk at breakfast. I appreciate that I'm not the only long-term guest but whilst they seem to be able to remember my name they always ask me how I take my coffee and always seem genuinely surprised when I ask for it with milk.

3) Don't be surprised if you are shown to a vacant table but once you have been to collect your buffet style breakfast someone else is sitting there by the time you get back. There was even one time when I was being shown to a table by the waitress only to have someone literally push in front of me to get to the table first, much to my (and the waitress's) embarrassment. That was one of the days that I decided to skip breakfast.

4) I tried to change my room to a smoking room when I first arrived and was told that there wasn't one available even though there are smoking rooms on the 1st and 3rd floors. 2 months later I received a letter from the Duty Manager to say that I could move rooms but when my secretary called they were suddenly fully booked. Eventually after 3 months they sent me a letter to say that I HAD to move rooms for maintenance reasons. They finally moved me to....another "non-smoking" room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham B
Raheel S, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Graham,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I appreciate that you took the time to write the things you enjoyed the most, as well as the areas we need to improve on.

Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Good place for family. I really enjoyed the time when ever I visited here and environment is also good and also enjoyed great food and location also sounds amazing easy to reach centre of the city. You can easily go there and enjoy.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Salman,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I am very glad to know that you had a fantastic stay with us. We appreciate your kind compliments about our hotel, service and facilities. Thank you for your great support and it will be our pleasure to offer you another delightful experience at The Marriott Islamabad in the future. Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

The bed was large and extremely comfortable, I appreciated the sockets which took a multitude of plug options and the functioning air con. Cons - the internet isn't great and if you need it for work I would recommend taking a back up plan. Pros - I enjoyed the mini pool and gym - be aware that there is a separate gym area and the indoor pool for women. The service was superlative and there are a multitude of dining options. All the ones I tried were excellent; however it is pricey and you are looking at about £25 for a main with soft drink. There is free drinking water provided in the rooms.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear Mr. Sally,

Reviewed August 18, 2017

The Thai restaurant serves very good food, well cooked and subtly flavoured. The décor is cool, pleasant and spacious. So far, so good. The staff are attentive but they do tend to get distracted. They were one dish short in our main course order and seemed to forget our dessert order completely. It did arrive eventually. I'm all for slow food, but nit that slow.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
IMHFeedBack, Front Office Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear UlsterFryNo1

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel through Trip Advisor.

Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Naeem Khaliq
Front Office Manager
Islamabad Marriott Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

I have visited the hotel with my family and children,s to attend a marriage ceremony of a daughter of my friend in a very good atmosphere and the dinner was arranged around the swimming pool The food was normal quality however we enjoyed very much

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family