Ramada Islamabad(Islamabad)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Margala(Islamabad)
Ahmed Cottage(Islamabad)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthai restaurantpool sidemargalla hillsthe executive loungesafe hoteloutdoor poolprime ministerfive starwonderful serviceplace to staybeautiful citycoffee shoppleasant stayseveral yearschoice of restaurantsgovernment officesroom service
Reviewed April 25, 2017

The very friendly and professional Marriott Hotel staff gave me wonderful service during my recent business stay. Complementing the high level of staff service are the excellent hotel facilities including on-site restaurants, executive lounge, business centre and well-equipped gym and pool. Everything a guest needs for an extended and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Margalla Hills for views;
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2017

No doubt the best hotel in Islamabad. As we went to check in we were welcomed by a very helpful person at reception by the name of Rizwan, no delayed no time checking us in and explaining the hotel facilities. The hotel is very clean, and all of the staff are extremely helpful. Due to the fact we were a group of 10 we were collected from the airport by the hotel shuttle, and returned back to the airport when we were leaving.
Another person I would like to mention was the nadia restaurant manager Imran Ach, extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2017

I stayed for six nights at the Marriot in January 2017 on a business trip. On the positive side, the facilities in the hotel are good, although a bit aged. The rooms are well furnished, and the bathroom is clean.

The restaurant serving breakfast offers a wide variety of food, and the staff are very friendly. I used the gymnasium a few times, and the facilities there are very good and the staff are friendly.

But all of that is ruined by the unprofessional and impolite staff at the reception. This is way below the service one expects from Marriot.

My first surprise was when I was put into a room in the smoking floor, without asking. When I asked it to be changed, the reception staff were not happy. They only changed the room after a few hours - with the excuse given that there were no available rooms - which I accept. But the unpleasantness could have been avoided if they mentioned it in the beginning. Instead, they assume that everyone is a smoker.

On the last day of my stay, I went to the reception to partially settle my bill, and one of the staff politely asked me whether it would be an inconvenience for me to move into another room, because the room I was staying was a part of a suite, and they would like to give it to someone else. I agreed for the change, but as I was just getting ready to go out to dinner, I told him that I would be happy to change the room after I return.

Shortly afterwards, I was approached by another staff from the reception, who told me that an urgent maintenance work is to be done in my room, and that the maintenance staff had been waiting for several hours. This was a completely fabricated story. he was probably unaware that I knew the real reason for them asking me to change my room. When I told him that I knew the real story, and had already agreed to shift after I return from dinner. He then lost his temper and was making rude remarks. My Pakistani friends then talked to him, after which he withdrew. I also made a formal complaint to the manager on duty.

I will never stay in this hotel again, and would think again when I select another Marriot elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Akhma60
IMHFeedBack, Hotel Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Dear Akhma60

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

I am writing to you regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feedback and it holds the utmost value for us. I would like to apologize for the service shortfalls that you encountered during your stay, as these are not the service standards we set for ourselves here at Marriott Islamabad. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we are able to provide to our guests and when their expectations are not met, we have failed in our primary endeavor.

I have highlighted your concerns to the concerned department and once again, every kind of feedback from our guests is important as it enables us to work towards improving the quality of our services. I really appreciate you taking the time to bring up to our attention the challenges you have encountered.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Islamabad.

I would kindly request you to contact me directly on the email mentioned below in order to personally address your concerns. If I could be of any assistance in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely
Marriott Islamabad Hotel
ansar.yunnos@marriottislamabad.com

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Marriott islambad is 10 min walk from prime minister house and lies in heart of Islamabad.Hotel is surrounded by excellent shopping and good options.Airport is abt 45 min drive from hotel so its very convinient to travel.Hotel itself provides all modern facilities but they would soon need an upgrade in health centre.Bouffet is best option more high tea is also amazing.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
IMHFeedBack, Hotel Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Dear Owais M

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I appreciate that you took the time to write the things you enjoyed the most, as well as the areas we need to improve on.

Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Sincerely
Marriott Islamabad

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Facilities are good, but there it ends. I have never experienced so unprofessional and bad service. My father got sick and was admitted in a hospital for 7 days. He was in a wheelchair and needed a couple of days to cover up before going back home. I booked a hotel room for my father and my brother via a booking company, and sent the booking order and everything to my father. The reception couldn't find the booking in their system, but papers showed the booking confirmation and payment. Reception didn't want to accept our papers. The booking company also called the reception to confirm everything, but the hotel didn't want to accept.

The guy in reception kept on telling that we had make payment right away, and the room would then get double charged, as we wouldn't get the money from our online booking returned. They had to wait in reception for hours, and make the payment. Suddenly the booking showed up the next day.

This is really really bad service. I expect, when the booking confirmation is shown then you allow your guests to check-in, especially when you see a sick man in wheel chair who need rest. I don't care if there is something wrong in your system, so you cannot find the booking, as i have the papers.

This is not professionel. Even 2-star hotels wouldn't behave like this.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank irafique
IMHFeedBack, Hotel Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Dear irafique

Greetings from Marriott Islamabad.

I am writing to you regarding your brother and fathers recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback and it holds the utmost value for us. I just want to mention that, it is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we are able to provide to our guests and when their expectations are not met, we have failed in our primary endeavor.

I have highlighted your concerns to the team and want to make sure that this is corrected moving forward. At the time of arrival at the hotel there was no reservation under the guest name. We only received the guest reservation on the next day. The online booking agent sent us two reservations after we inquired from them, one for the previous night and one for the same night.

Once again, every kind of feedback from our guests is important as it enables us to work towards improving the quality of our services and I really appreciate you taking the time to bring up to our attention the challenges you have encountered.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance you might require.

Thank you & Warmest Regards.

Marriott Islamabad