“Maragall View” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Islamabad
Lahore
“Maragall View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you are a view lover, Marriott is the best place to stay in Islamabad. The rooms are small but perfectly designed. The new Executive Lounge is a great addition. They have closed the pool side at open place, the pool is covered. But they are planning to shift it back to old place. The staff is friendly, accommodative and generous. The security has been beefed up.

Room Tip: Room to Margalla view..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Greetings from Marriott Islamabad. Thank you for taking the time to share your insight about your stay on tripadvisor.com
You have provided some great knowledge from experiencing first hand Marriott Islamabad and the features of our hotel. We are proud too of our over 25 years of the leading hospitality heritage in Islamabad. Having only taken over the helm of the hotel very recently, your feedback has provided me already a very good acumen what our hotel is from the guest perspective and will use this to further enhance our services and product. I hope I will be able to meet you in person on your next trip to Islamabad. Wishing you a wonderful summer ahead.
Warmest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Marriott has all of the features that you need for a vist to Islamabad. The rooms are good, food is fine and there is reasonable (but not great) internet connectivity.
The hotel has a high level of security and can arrange transport on short notice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob2037
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Marriott is one of the only 2 five star hotel options that you have in Islamabad. Extremely tight security, makes you feel sfe. Rooms are newly furnished after the fire incident and are ok by any standard. The service is excellent as the staff makes an effort to attend to your needs. Check in is usally very fast, Breakfast is excellent with wide variety. Nice businsess center. Try to get the Margalla hills view as they provide a nice view of the hills.
they have quite a few restaurants in the hotel. Chinese, Thai, Japanes, Steak house, and then a restaurant which offers local as well as international choices.
i stay here often and its always a pleasure to stay. The staff always makes it a worthwhile experience. Prices may be steep but you dont have too many choices if you are a foriegner and want a decent hotel with international standards

Room Tip: Try to get Margalla View rooms on a high floor. 5th floor is for Exectutives.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Tahir H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Being one of the only two five star hotels in islamabad, it's worse than highway robbery. They just don't care what you think. I have an executive room right now which is worse than the usual standard room I take here typically.

Nadia restaurant here is one of the only 24 hour spot in this city. Still a fairly good buffet at a reasonable price. But the waiters are tired. Broken crockery. Pathetic service. Loud music. People walking about in shorts and slippers at night.

The management is busy printing money thanks to the monopoly and they haven't bothered to look at the offering in years.

The whole place was redone after it was gutted in a bomb attack a few years ago. But the owners were more interested in going back to minting money, and didn't bother to modernise the place.

Which 5 star hotel executive rooms have 1 slipper (for two guests), 1 bathrobe, and cheap plastic laundry bags?

Worst is the sofa/chair in the room. More uncomfortable than an old plane's seat.

But hey. What choice do we have in islamabad? The only other hotel, Serena, is priced ridiculously high.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Faisal Q
Warm greetings from Marriott Islamabad and thank you for having reported your views on this portal. Having only taken over the helm of the property very recently, you have given me some further historical insight of the hotel. I can however assure you that in the meantime, several actions have been taken by our managers to restore your trust in our services and our hotel.
In the hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you first hand our revived and true spirit of hospitality, we all look forward to welcoming you back at Marriott Islamabad to, in one way or another, make up.
Kindest regards
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can safely say that Islamabad Marriott is the best hotel I've stayed at for business. The room is huge, new, clean, and modern. It's so comfortable in every way. The laundry service was great and I didn't feel that it's overpriced. The breakfast is okay. I stayed here for six nights and didn't get tired of the food as there was a good variety of different things to choose from. Lunches at the hotel as part of our conference were of good quality.

The only downside was that I was staying in a connecting room and the noise from the neighbor's television could travel through my room. However, it should be noted that the guy was very inconsiderate and turned on his tv unusually loud until 2 a.m. But he only stayed for two nights. Anyways, might be best to ask for a non-connecting room.

I used the hotel's car service to the nearby markets one evening and it was effectively arranged and hassled free.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Karachi-Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been there with my family on this July'12 on vacations. This was a second time when I stayed over there. After renovation, one can find this hotel is more comfortable than before. Covered & open air swimming pool, gym, complimentary breakfast with a good variety of food. Rooms are also in good shape & so the wash rooms. Located in red zone, one has to pass many hurdles before reaching to this hotel. No nearby shop, no taxi, no restaurant no nothing. You have to walk for 10 minutes to catch a taxi. Jinnah Super Market is the closest in 4-5 kms.
Being a member of the hotel’s Privilege Club, I always enjoy its free night offer which one can avail at cost of the annual fees of the club’s membership, which is almost equal to 1 night rent.
Well before starting my trip, I've booked 2 nights including 1 free night & paid the full amount at Karachi Marriott in advance.
I was pleased to saw a nice Toyota Altis came for us at airport for complimentary pick up. After reaching at hotel, the mess began...I had clearly understood & realized the security matters before becoz of the sensitivity of the area. But there must be some respect of the guest...I gave away my luggage for scanning & went through for check-in with my 2 children & wife. After waiting for 30 minutes when I was very near to lose my patience, all of a sudden, a security in charge call me to plz come at luggage scanning room. I went over there & asked what happened...In charge told me that there are 3 items in my suit case which they cannot recognize & they have to open it...This was the first time in my life that I was asked to open my luggage in front of security staff..I told him rather politely that these items are this & this & nothing dangerous otherwise your scanning machine must have started alarming & furthermore, I came here straight from airport & interestingly in your hotel cab...And when both Karachi & Islamabad airport scanning systems has already cleared my luggage, now what is wrong with your system..But...they insisted...and at that moment I threw my suit case down on the floor & said with anger to do what they want...Went back to the check-in counter, my wife & children were still sitting on the lobby now almost for an hour with frustration...I noticed that 4 out of 5 booking officers are trainees in the counter & helplessly doing their jobs...I was exhausted didn't want to talk with those trainees & ask one of them to call a senior officer..And here He is...some more fun waiting...He told me that due to over occupancy in hotel, they can't allow free night offer at this time...I was very close to lose my temper, I called to the agent of Privilege Club in Karachi & told him all the situation. He got angry too & told me to let him deal with it...after 15 minutes or more, this counter officer handover me a room key card with smile & told me that as a very special case, they're allowing me to use my Privilege Card...I was so angry that I didn't reply anymore & went right towards the room...
I stayed 2 nights peacefully & enjoyed the luxury of Marriott Islamabad, but...at the time of check-out, when I reached to the counter , same person asked me for outstanding dues. I was amazed & asked what sort of dues as I had already paid full amount earlier...This man told me that when I booked the room, the room rent was this & now the room rents is this & I have to pay the difference...I didn't say a word & paid to him at once, becoz now I didn't want to face another mess, otherwise I knew very well that he cannot justify this. One thing I realize that when such a 5 star hotel does these types of cheap things, then why one doesn’t find another & a better hotel with better location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank faysal-farooqi
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Kindest regards
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed for 3 days for business visit. so I did not have the chance to use all the facilities but I can assure that the hotel is nice, my reservation included the use of minibar which was nice, so I did not have to go to buy water. the room was very good the bathroom was perfect. big flat TV the service was great, but I have 1 thing that annoyed me. (Ants) there was ants in the room. they used to put cookies in the afternoon and each time I found it full of ants. till one day I came early and there was no ants inside, half anhour later. it was full of ants. the same happed with opend pepsi bottle. the strange thing I could not find where it comes from. so for the cleaning I will have to give it poor. as middle easteren I have also to compalin about the breakfast. there was no variaty for food. so if you are not Pakistani you will not enjoy the breakfast.

Room Tip: try the reinovated rooms 2nd and 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HAbdelwahed
Warmest Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamabad
Islamabad Serena Hotel
Hotel Crown Plaza
Hotel Crown Plaza
#11 of 20 in Islamabad
Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi

Been to Islamabad Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!