“Really great food....”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On my recent trip to Islamabad, I wanted to try kind of persian, middle eastern cuisine. I remember an Afghan restaurant in NYC which used to be my favorite, but having relocated, didnt have a chance to go there again. So my cousin recommended this place and definitely a good choice. No need to focus on how the place looks, its cleanand you would go there for the food not the ambience.

I agree with the comment that food is bland, but thats what middle eastern, persian and Afghan foods are like......so if you particularly have a taste for steaks, you'll like the food here. We ordered the Kabuli rice and kababs on skewers.....it was all beef.....and the combo tastes so good.....especially the "marble" on the skewer is heavenly, never tried that before except in a rib eye steak, but that's not BBQed, so it really tastes better.....the yogurt is amazing, I ate that with rice......food is not spicy but rich in taste.....We also ordered tea in the end, which I believe is a must. Im nit sure if I will try anything else over there, simply because I loved the kebabs and rice combo......so i cannot comment on karahi and chicken etc......I've heard the place is packed at nights.

I will soon find a reason to drive down to Islamabad from Lahore so that I can stop by at this place again........One tip, just eat the food fresh, take away or reheated food just ain't the same. Oh, by the way, the rice his a piece of 5oz beef, tender and moist.....and a little gravy with lentils and beef kebab/patty on the side......

Hope you have a good time and enjoy the food there.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This down to Earth eatery in located in the heart of Islamabad. It serves authentic Afghan dishes. The Kebabs and Manty deserve special mention. The Kebabs are served on skewers with a choice of Afghani Bread or Rice. The chutney is truly amazing. The food is best partaken with a cup of hot Kehwa, green tea, served with sugared almonds.

1  Thank HINAWASEEM
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It was horrible, the food was extremely bland and will never eat from here again. I believe it is tooo over-rated, i purchased the chicken karahi and mutton karahi and the mutton was of therefore put me of the chicken

1  Thank Muneer786
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Situated at the easiest approach. Food is terrific. ambience is typical Afghani style. Dont expect a perfect dinner place. But they dont compromise on food quality for sure. The Bar b que is terrific and finger licking...

Reviewed November 15, 2012

They have good bbq stuff to offer but the restaurants needs improvement. Their staff needs training in service and communication to the customers.